It seems that I've missed ALL of the Silhouette Craft thing giveaways! Why would the company just debut this in July and then have issued so many to give away all at the same time? I suppose, I could just bite the bullet and buy one off of Amazon because they have the best price, but I would really like to win one! I am sooo in love with this machine and I don't even have one, but the possibilities are endless!
I was looking last night on Craigslist in the furniture section for Omaha. . . . I could totally fill a large U-Haul with all the cool furniture that is for sale down there!!! Chris pointed out that there are 600,000 people in the Omaha area and that could be why they have so much "to-die-for" furniture!!! I mean look at this piece ~ even though we are not close at all to getting the basement done, I can already envision my sewing room. I want re-used and maybe re purposed furniture in white or black. This little gem would hold fabric nicely, don't you think??
This armoire isn't spectacular, but it appeals to me because it reminds me of the bench my grandpa made that we didn't move with us. This is a very large piece, but would totally work in our bedroom and we could put the TV and printers in there ~ no-problemo!
Instead of dwelling on the things I don't have or want, I moved onto other things.
Do Have:
A new purse
Don't Have:
Organization in my purse! It's like the black hole in there! AND on top is elastic on the inside, so opening up this cute little metallic bundle is not easy. . .
Don't Have:
A nice little key chain that my son made for me from beads and wire. Apparently, they don't handle in and out of the purse very well.
Do Have:
A nice embroidery sewing machine and a new fav blog, which just happens to have a link to another blog with a tutorial on making fabric key chains!
I headed down to my cardboard boxes and cement corner (that's what my "sewing corner" feels like) and stumbled upon the fabric I was going to use to make the mom I met in Japan a purse. Well, I told her I was going to make her something this summer and figured I can't make myself something and don't finish her purse (it's a very simple pattern). She was so excited to learn English, so I decided to embroider her name on it as a little extra touch and I'm sure she'll be thrilled (she seems the type to be thrilled over just about anything!). You can't really see in the picture, but the black fabric is an Asian fabric. I hope she'll like it!
After I finished the purse, I could get started on my project. Since I have an embroidery machine, I decided to personalize this a little "Lisa's Keys" are on the outside strap of my key chain. Then my mind started wandering with the possibilities of what I could put on the inside "If found, please call 712-577-3643", but I quickly realized that was much longer than Lisa's Keys. Then I thought I'd leave out the 'please', still too long. Well, to make a long story short, I ended up only putting my phone number on there :D
Now this serves a double purpose ~ I have a replacement for my broken key chain AND I can easily see the bright pink in my Black Abyss! I did shorten my key chain from the tutorial because that was much longer with the intent that you would wear it on your wrist. I suppose Chris will want me to finally make him that bright colored padded handle for his suitcase when he travels. I wonder if he'd be okay with bright orange or black with yellow and orange flames. . . Hmmmm. . .



No comments:
Post a Comment