. . . what we are up to!
On Tuesday night while I was sitting at football practice (Bray said it makes him sad if we don't stay for practice), I made a list of things to share with you. So, here is the list, to be followed with what's happened since Tuesday:
1. New Recipes!
We've tried 3 new recipes in a matter of about 12 hours! We would recommend them all! Hawaiian Bread (I think it's better than what you can buy in the store and VERY easy!), Cream of Sweet Potato soup (kind of spicy and you have to like sweet potatoes, but very good) and Beer Pancakes (well, we didn't try the beer, we used rootbeer)
2. Chris' chest pain has been gone for the last week or so! He's been having that since before we left for Japan!!
3. Taite was invited to his first birthday party ~ the only problem . . . what to get an 11 year old and not spend an arm & leg!
4. We have to sign the boys up for basketball already!
5. Jane found me a new stoneware loaf pan for 4 mini loaves at the consignment shop!!! Is that luck or what??
6. Last Saturday we went to the Homecoming parade and football game at USD. They played UND and hadn't won against them (not sure if that was only at home or not) since 2005! They won this time!! Jane wants to start brainstorming for a float to have in next years parade and right away Bray came up with throwing out mini packets of coffee (they do have their own brew and how perfect is that idea?? he's so clever)
7. Sunday was when the boys had games and it wasn't a very good day for that. Taite's team plays first on those days and 1/2 way through the first quarter, one of the refs tore his Achilles tendon (he was a Dr and Taite's one coach is also a Dr, so they had it diagnosed), but he acquired crutches and a splint made from duct tape, so he kept reffing! We watched the 6th grade game as it's between Taite & Bray's game and their smallest player also did something to his ankle or Achilles tendon! Taite said the other 5th grade team had a severe injury at their game (it was away) on the opponents team. Of course the rumor is that the boy broke his back, but he's going to be okay. We still haven't heard from an adults mouth a confirmation of this yet, so we aren't sure.
Yesterday our "replacement" bar stools arrived and they WORK! All we had to do (well, all Chris had to do) was put the seat on the bar stool and the main part all came put together. They work great, but we still have to put the felt pads on the bottom so they don't scratch the floor.
Today the books I ordered from Bray's class arrived. I ordered a box set of the 39 Clues books. Taite loves these books and so I figured Bray would too and invested in the whole set! They are even hard cover and the boys were both reading and giggling on the couches tonight. It still makes me smile! Taite finished book #4 already this afternoon and he said it's only because they are good books!!!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

I heard about those books last year and I waned to get them for Matt. I forgot until now. I will have to order them.
ReplyDelete