Saturday, October 2, 2010

Just yesterday, I was. . .

Our bar stools are already here!  We picked them up, put one together and they are too short.  I ordered 29", but they have a padded seat and what we had were 30" with only a wooden seat.  I now have ordered 31" with a padded seat and noooo swivel.  So, we have to return all 7 (we only put together 1) to Walmart and wait for the replacement.  Good thing we didn't have to pay shipping!

We also put together our new grill yesterday!  On our way home from getting the bar stools, we got some grilling stuff ~ shrimp & steak!  Chris just told me to pick out the steak, which I never do, so he shouldn't have been surprised when he came to the meat counter and had decided on something else when my choice was already wrapped up. . .   I chose some steak with lots of marbling so the grill would be seasoned after our first time :D  I found a seasoning recipe for the shrimp skewers and there were lots of compliments on supper.  Chris said "mmmm" all through the meal, Brayton ate about 1 pound of the shrimp himself and Taite said it was the best steak, shrimp and potatoes he's ever eaten (we had shredded potatoes, onions, onion powder and garlic oil on them).  Chris "kind of" recanted his comment about that is not the type of grill he would have bought if only he was choosing, but I was sick of him having a crappy grill and then we never get to grill on it!  Can't wait to try nice juicy burgers on there with all the fixings and yummy buns ~ maybe even homemade!


After supper Chris and I had a Siouxland Friends & Neighbors thing to go to.  For the Gourmet Club we are in, they make a recipe book and then divide up all the couples so each month you are matched up with (hopefully) 3 different couples and you host one of the times.  It's a full menu and each couple brings 2 dishes with the hostess/host making the main dish.  We were to bring something to share (food) and we had a bottle of wine to bring as well.  I had made my no-fail dessert and it failed me.  With the reject pile, I barely had enough bars to fill a Solo plate to bring!  Since we got our wine for the night at the grocery store, Chris and I shared a lot of laughs together (laughing at ourselves) over who we are.  I read the email and it said to bring an appetizer ~ oops!  I made bars.  We were going to 2 Dr's house, had crappy bars on a cheap plate with grocery store wine to the first Gourmet Club gathering. . . (get the picture and why we were laughing???)  We finally found the house and watched some going into the house and they didn't have anything they brought.  So to save embarrassment we left our stuff in the car and went in empty handed (we certainly did not need to eat anything anyways and Chris was just going to "accidentally" drop/throw our bottle of wine on the ground so it looked like we had good intentions).  No one thought anything of our empty hands and all we drank for the 1 1/2 hours we were there was water.  I can honestly say that it was a very, very good night ~ I LOVE times like that where Chris and I have no worries, no stress, no disease, just fun!!!  Things are good.

No comments:

Post a Comment