It seems like our lives revolve around football. We have practice, games, make-up games and when the boys aren't at "official" ball, they are creating fantasy teams and playing pretend games in the yard. This is often how the boys will have things laid out on the floor. The Vikings booklet we got at last years game, a clip board to write down the players names, numbers and stats and post-its :-) Today Brayton even had my cell to use the calculator on it so he could add up the tackles for one of his players ~ hehe!
On Saturday, we got the boys' football pictures. They were taken by a local studio (which would explain their cost) and turned out great! I'm especially excited to have buttons! You know, the sports mom's always have buttons with their players picture on it ~ now I have one for each boy!!
On Saturday, Taite's game was at 10 at Dakota Valley and Brayton's was at 1 in Lawton. We are supposed to have the players to the field one hour before start time, so we were almost late to Bray's game! Taite's friend was there and asked if Taite could stay for his brother's game and then come home with them (the boy is the son of Brayton's coach). Ok ~ so we headed home with Brayton. When Taite got home, that same family invited him to join them in going to a Zombie Walk that was happening downtown that night. I had no idea what that was, but, sure! We'll send him anywhere LOL (no, we wouldn't). Taite went to their house as they were all getting ready to go to the Zombie Walk with face paint and such. I had no idea how to look "zombie", but I can tell you the pictures of the 4 boys (they have 3 boys in 5th, 4th & 3rd grade) were great!!! Taite had a blast and it was the next day that Bray's coach put it all together that Taite was Brayton's brother :D Not a problem! Bray got to take a bubble bath and we treated him to DQ! We had a great night laughing and being happy ~ that really makes my heart lighter and warmer when we have laughs like that together.
My grandma would be so proud of me ~ I made an apple pie! Usually that is what she would make for us, but I came across a new recipe and it sounded good, so I wanted to try it. What is different about it is that you can create a weave type crust (or cheat and I have a plastic thing that cuts out cute squares), you boil some butter and sugars that creates a syrup that you pour over the crust and into the holes. It was delish, but I remember why I don't like making pies ~ you have to slice all those apples! We didn't have any vanilla ice cream, but it is now gone, nonetheless!
Friday night Chris and I had another TGIF party to go to for Siouxland Friends & Neighbors. I don't mean we "have to go", but it was being held and we were going :-) I thought for sure after being at a previous TGIF party and having been at the Gourmet Club cookbook pick-up that we would know lots of people at the party. Not so much. . . There was only 1 or 2 people there who had been at one of the previous events we'd been to! That's okay though because that's the whole point ~ to meet new people! It was fun! On Wednesday night is Wine Down Wednesday ~ can't wait to go to that one!!
We have been enjoying this beautiful weather (the boys are sweaty most of the time from playing outside) and heard today that 1 year ago, the high for today was 39!!! Yipee for Indian Summers!
At Taite's football game yesterday we learned that Chris' step-sister's good friend died of a heart attack. It's always sobering to hear that about someone so young! We only met her once, but she had that type of personality that was infectious with a lot of laughter ~ you couldn't help but like her! I was explaining to Taite about how she died and reminded myself that I am NOT healthy because I don't exercise my heart like I should so I think we are going to get an elliptical and maybe then I'll be motivated to workout with Chris while he's on the treadmill. Hug those you love while you have the time!
Well, it sounds like the game is really going to start now, so Gotta Run!

Hey Lisa...
ReplyDeleteJust curious to know if your apple pie recipe is Grandma Ople's off of allrecipes.com??? It sounds exactly like the pie recipe I found on there last year and is now my 'go to' apple pie recipe! I won't make it any other way!!! Where'd you find the cute cut out thing for your crusts? I've never seen anything like that before!
Sounds like all is well and that you are adjusting to your new home very quickly! Awesome!!!
Take care!
Love,
Jen