Sunday, September 12, 2010

Football pictures!

Well, we all survived our first Football Saturday!  LOL  Taite was up and dressed (minus his shoulder pads and helmet) at 7:15 and they didn't have to be to the field until 9:15 and 9:30 at the latest :~)  Their game started at 10 and I thought it would be cool enough out to wear jeans and a t-shirt, but it was hotter than that!  For Bray's game, I changed clothes :~)  Taite's team won their game. 
This is as the kids are getting to the field:
Taite is #52 in case you've forgotten :D
The referees
I didn't get a picture of Taite like this because we were running late (we arrived at the "very latest" time).
This is Bray's team.  Of course he wasn't on the outside of the huddle and easy to photograph like Taite was. . .   In fact, I don't know where he is in this picture hehe
Here is Bray's 1/2 of the team running to their side of the field.  For 3rd grade, they use 50 yards of the field for 1/2 of each team and the other 50 yards of the field for the other 1/2 of each team.  The kids get a lot more playing and experience time when this is done and works great!  Brayton had some great plays so be sure to ask him about them!
This is a picture of how the field looks when it's divided ~ on the very left is the 1/2 of Dakota Valley and on the right is the other 1/2. 

I could not resist taking a picture of this. . .  For the 3rd grade game, there were cheerleaders ~ obviously classmates of the football players!  It was soooo cute (they were for the other team) :~)
I found some other pictures from football practice of Brayton he's wearing the blue t-shirt).  He was doing the board drill and really beat the other kid off the board. . . His head is low, but wait for it. . .
He drives and drives. . .
And pushes the kid off the board!
Okay, this last picture is just because I felt like it :D  It's getting cooler and we've had soup a few times already so it's time to make crackers!  We make these seasoned oyster crackers every winter (multiple times too) because they are good in almost all soups!  EVEN oyster stew!  Actually, that's our favorite to have them in!  Today we had them in the wild rice soup mix I got from Menards and I have to say for just adding water it's remarkable!  AND, I checked the price for the exact same mix at HyVee and Menard's regular price was cheaper
Oh, on Friday my long awaited vinyl came from Monica, too!  She even sent me something extra and unexpected, but oh so fab!!!  Here is a picture of our "new" door!

1 comment: