Today some of our furniture was delivered to Pier 1 (that's where it's from and they don't deliver, so you have to pick it up). We've been told since we bought it that "it will be on the next Thursday's truck". Last week (the 1st "Thursday truck" our stuff was to be on) nothing came in. They assured me they would call and if they don't call, kind of "don't call us" was the attitude I got. Today I got a call that one of the chairs was in. After I asked about the other pieces, oh, 2 chairs, but the love seat should for sure be on next week's truck ~ we've heard that enough times now. . . It's a good thing we aren't holding our breath! The chairs for the other side of the sitting room (opposite from the Pier 1 furniture) we have been trying to find swivel glider rockers. Well, we found some. At the one place, each chair would be about $1100 ~ too much. We found others for $249, but they weren't wood and not the look we'd want. Today, I found some and he assured me that he could do better than the sticker price of $429 since we were buying 2! $395 is what he came up with ~ just right! PLUS, we get to pick the fabric, which won't be easy since they had a TON of types, colors, etc. The same place also had bar stools that we could order. They were very comfy and the prices were more than we were thinking of spending (it doesn't help that we need 7 bar stools), but honestly we spend most meals at the barland, so I'm thinking we need to "invest" in comfortable stools! These had arms, padded butt and back and you can also get a tilt on them, which I think Chris will like! The other plus is that they only charge $25 for delivery, but the tax difference is 3% so on furniture, it will take no time to recoup that delivery fee. Chris is going to check out the furniture at the Nebraska Furniture Mart on his way home tomorrow so we will seemingly have checked out every available option ~ LOL!
Tonight was the last practice before the big first game for the boys on Saturday. Tomorrow the players are all to wear their game jerseys to school, but he told them to RESPECT the jerseys and don't screw around while wearing them because their actions will reflect badly on ALL the football players in this group! He is very intense about his football (the head coach) and tomorrow night there is a meeting. They CANNOT be late AND they CANNOT talk as they are entering the gym ~ not sure what that is all about, but I guess we'll find out when we pick them up! The meeting is only for 45 minutes and they said if they talk, they'll be kicked out ~ but with parents just dropping kids off I don't know where the kids would go, however, I'm not going to mention that to the boys :~) Taite is thrilled to be wearing Chad Greenway's number this year! Last year's number was Ben Leber. Brayton's is Randy Moss. . . We told him he can be excited just don't develop the attitude that Moss did.
So, I feel like a failure to Taite. He had a science project to do and it was to label the parts of either an animal cell or a plant cell. They had plenty of advance notice for this project, but I didn't realize they were to be like a Science Fair type project. The teacher didn't hold back when he was assessing Taite's project, however, Chris and I see it a little differently, but we weren't the teacher and all Taite can do is learn from it and go on. He's devastated to have received a C+ and being told that his project was "sloppy" and the labels were "lazy". I told him I am sure that no other 5th grader knows how to print off their own labels and I was proud that he did the whole project himself and I did NOT do any of it. I didn't even print off fancy labels to make the project more pretty, which is the gist of what I get that his teacher was looking for.
Chris is taking his "bleeding" news quite well. He can joke about it and I've assured him, he's probably just got a bleeding ulcer. Tonight though, when he stopped at a Texas Roadhouse, he ordered a beer and you can't drink alcohol with an ulcer. . . He said if he's going to die, he will have a beer if he feels like it! :~) He's just glad to be on his way home for awhile now with no more traveling scheduled anytime soon.
I had the pleasure of mowing the lawn today for the first time. I thought that since we have a self-propelled mower it would be a piece of cake ~ not so! The "soil" is so sandy that that's what it feels like you are pushing the mower through when you have to turn it around and go back. It was a lot of work! Then I've never used the self-propelled thing before, so sometimes I was running after the mower when it took off! Luckily, I think most people were at work, so I didn't have too many "viewers" LOL
I cleaned up after mowing and while the boys were at practice, went to a kick-off party for a group that I joined. It's called the Siouxland Friends and Neighbors and the dues of $30 for the year are given to various groups in the area, which I thought was kind of neat! What this is is basically a way to meet people and most live here in the Dunes. I signed up for the Book Clubs (there is a night one and a day one), Bunco (can't wait!!), Gourmet Club (couples get together 4 times and you have to host it one time and they give you the recipes and divide everyone up so you always meet with the same 4 couples), Lunch Bunch (they just have lunch together), Wine Down Wednesday (they meet at Bev's on the river and have wine and hourderves ~ so yummy!) and TGIF (couples get together and if you host it, all you do is open your house ~ everyone brings food and their own drinks). Most groups (Gourmet is the only exception) meet 1 time per month and only the Gourmet Club and the TGIF include husbands. I can't wait to start! The two women who were sitting by the Bunco table were so funny that I can't wait to go to that and I think it starts next week! As I was walking out, someone said my name and my first thought was "Who knows me here?!" ~ it was one of the moms who was at the party we went to after the football game last Friday. :~) She totally surprised me!!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment