Monday, August 23, 2010

3rd day of school, 2nd night of FB practice

This weekend we went back to Wessington to celebrate Ken's 60th birthday.  We ate wayyy too much and the boys sure enjoyed seeing them all again.  Taite & Bray love playing Guitar Hero at Carmen & Cody's and can't wait "until next summer when they can play again".  I reminded them we live much closer now (3 1/2 hours vs. 6 1/2) and we'll see them more often I'm sure!

On our way home, we stopped to have the car washed.  As we watched the vehicle in front of us, it appeared that the center of the vehicle wasn't covered by the arm that sprayed out the soap and water.  To this Bray replied, "we are actually sitting lower than they are (it was an SUV) so we can't see if the top of the vehicle is being washed and the spray is smaller at the top and goes out as it gets to the vehicle, so it might be getting clean".  I tell you what ~ he is always thinking and I wish I knew what to make sure he is exposed to to utilize this thinking that comes naturally for him!  Right after we left the car wash, he commented about the one boy who he knew his first and last name after the first day.  He said that B.G. (I'll hide his identity) was "mean".  We asked what he meant and he said he hits teachers and uses the "f" word!  I explained that's why he was the one to be Brayton's "friend" because Bray was the only one who didn't "know" B.G. and how he was.  Today I asked if Bray met some other friends.  He said he knew all kinds of friends since day 2.  Then he said quietly "None of my friends ask me to play with them, though" ~ broke my heart.  I need to say some more prayers for him tonight.

Supper tonight was kind of a disaster.  I'm not quite comfortable with my new kitchen and where things are.  You know how you set things up so they are "handy"?  I haven't quite figured out all the locations for everything yet so I feel like it's not quite right.  I'm also getting used to cooking with my stainless pots and pans.  We still don't have a grill, so I was going to fry some chicken breast in a pan.  Simple enough.  I put a little oil in there, fried the breasts to the bottom of the pan, tried to "cleanly" add a little more oil to the spattering pan and ended up adding probably 1/2 - 1 cup of oil.  Great!  I had to drain the chicken when I was done and cut off the charred bottom so the boys could have a somewhat edible supper.  The house stinks, but my pans came clean!

Chris took them to practice (they practice on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays) because I wasn't feeling up to having to talk to the coaches who worked with Bray because they don't let the 3rd and 4th graders get nearly as much water as the older kids get.  It's a good think Chris stayed.  Bray's group got their first drink after practicing for an hour in the heat ~ the other kids already had at least one break and Bray's group was the last to get a drink!  Taite's coaches were commenting on what a great center he would make, so he is thrilled to have a position figured out!  He's asked constantly (from both Chris and I) as to what his position would be ~ as if we would be the ones telling the coaches what position he would be ~ LOL!  They got caught in the rain and finished practice in the rain so the boys thought that was GREAT! 

If you happen to be in the area, or maybe you want to come just for the game, here is their game schedule.  They always play on Saturdays, but they don't always play at the same place.  Where they do play is close by, so there won't be an issue making it to both games.
September 11
10:00 Taite's game is home (his are always at 10)
1:00 Brayton's game is home
September 18
10:00 Taite's game is away
1:00 Brayton's game is away
September 25
10:00 Taite's game is away (S. Sioux City)
11:15 Brayton's game is home
October 2
10:00 Taite's game is home
1:00 Brayton's game is home
October 9
10:00 Taite's game is home
1:00 Brayton's game is away
October 16 & 17
Taite has a tournament that weekend at home.

In this program they like to keep the little kids involved with the home games and varsity athletes so there are a couple home games that the little ones have to participate on the field.  I imagine this will give the boys a feel for what it's going to be like to play in "Friday Night Lights" :~)

I am feeling the need for a change and I'm not crazy about my hair being long, so I'm thinking of cutting it to something similar to this:
I don't really want straight bangs like that and I want the length longer, but I love the look!  Let me know what you think!  I'd put a cute counter thing in here if I had half as much a clue as Monica on these things, but I don't so I'll have to settle for an email from you! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment