Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pictures ~ yay!

Our day started earlier than I had my alarm set ~ Chris woke the boys up at 6:40.  He made them pancakes for breakfast, had them all ready and then was surprised to learn that Taite's bus isn't scheduled to stop at the end of our street until 7:50.  Almost an hour later than we are used to cause the bus used to come at 7:05.  Taite laid out his outfit last night ~ I think he was nervous.  He wasn't real excited about heading to the bus stop early, either :~)

We were prepared to take a picture before they left and there was a large mosquito on the door that was a small distraction first. . .  (yes, it is the slightly darker spot on the door about the height of Taite's nose)



Brayton thought nothing of walking to the bus stop early, Taite wasn't so eager.  You can tell by the distance between them in this picture.  :D
I think it's funny how sunny it was out and you can still see their reflective stripes on their backpacks!

I was going to try and get a picture of the dog ~ she laid on Taite's room floor "pouting".  She gave up looking for the boys about an hour or so after they had left for the bus.  That's okay because she had a long day at the dog groomers getting a hair cut (it was supposed to be a 2 hour appointment, but took more like 4 hours!).  As I was doing laundry, I decided to peek into the boys rooms to see if they had made their beds.  They had!  Taite's was not as nice as Bray's, but that doesn't surprise me.  Note the pillows in the top window in Taite's room ~ he said that lets too much light in, but to find a solution is not just a run to Menards!  That's like a custom fix. . .
Here's is Brayton's room as it looked today:
Yes, the boys have the same bedding, but I couldn't pass it up as it all matched (sheets included) for only $30 each!

After I was finally able to pick the dog up, I came home to an empty house (the boys should've been home from school by then)!  I was slightly panicked, so I took the dog out the front door ~ it was unlocked, so it was a clue ~ and found Brayton outside at the neighbors (with the twin girls Taite's age) and Taite was coming around the side of their house at the same time.  It seems when they got home everyone wanted to play outside and were going to go for a bike ride until I brought the dog out and then they decided to walk the dogs (the neighbors with the other girl, not the twins has a lab) so they took the dogs around and introduced Baby to Taffy another girl's dog somewhere in the neighborhood.  :D  When they came back, there was some sort of Nerf / weapon war type game going on.
The boy in gray is the neighbor Jesse and another boy said they call him "Sasquatch" because he is only one year older than Taite, but much taller!  The boys were all sweaty and I felt bad calling them home, but hey, we have a tradition of going out to eat on the first day of school! 

We ended up eating at a place called the Texas Road House.  They are known for their steaks and homemade bread with cinnamon butter ~ YUMMY!!!  On our way to supper, Brayton mentioned that he was the only one in his class who was chosen for a special reading group!  That's my boy!  Taite's backpack weighed a TON tonight so I was worried about his amount of homework, but he told me he only had his books home to put book covers on them ~ great ~ we don't have any paper bags at home!  I did find some wrapping paper that is made out of paper bag material, but has green plaid on one side.  Chris made me ask Taite what side he wanted out (I was displaying the green, Chris thought it should be plain) ~ Taite chose green so I hope no one picks on him because Chris will tell me all about being wrong!  LOL  The boys discussed at length how happy they are that we moved at supper.  I'm glad that didn't take long :~)

P.S.  We would definitely recommend the Texas Road House!  Taite had ribs and had stuff all over his face and fingers ~ he had to go to the bathroom to clean it all up :D

P.S.S.  ~ OMG ~ I almost forgot that the best part when we came home tonight was there were 2 loaves of fresh bread from the yummy bakery in Sioux Falls!!  Thank you, Tom :D

1 comment:

  1. Loved this post so much! I can tell how happy all of you are. I may need to call you soon to get your pantry door measurements. I am so sorry it has taken so long. My whole shanked in the face thing set me back and I have been so exhausted trying to catch up. love your picture of the boys walking to school. So weird that we still have 3 weeks!

    ReplyDelete