Well, I almost did it again. Despite being a new year and me trying to do better, I almost logged into my blog and read the updates from the other blogs and then left. But, I didn't, so that's progress right?
See, here is the thought process. . .
"Oh, Monica updated some pictures of her new frames on Read My Walls". (I love those frames!)
"Oohh, Today's Fabulous Finds I haven't read in awhile. . .
(insert any amount of time here to read the other blogs)
"I can't post anyway since I don't have any pictures to add.
I don't have pictures because I didn't download the software to have my camera transfer photos through wi-fi.
Am I really sure that my camera can really do that? (no)
Upfh, I suppose, I should type something even though I don't have pictures to share because I DID come up with my resolution today!"
So, here we are. You thinking I'm a looney-tune and me completing something on my to-do list! I had a few things on that list today and I got some done, but figuring out my resolution was NOT on my list and I figured it out anyway! SCORE!
Are you ready for it?
I am going to get better at not doing the things for my children that they should be doing! Yeah, I know, that doesn't sound so much like a resolution for me as it is for my kids, but that's not the case! I swear! I don't want to be, but I am usually the kind that will just "do it" instead of calling the boys back to clean up after themselves. I don't like to make them have to do chores since it cuts into the short amount of time they'll have to play with their friends. I know, it's terrible! But today was different and I've spelled it out to the boys (well, explained that they needed to pick their own rooms up AND vacuum them), but I really do need a scheduled chore chart. I wouldn't mind if they had to alternate cleaning their bathroom and the one downstairs along with vacuuming downstairs too. This would certainly take some pressure off of me. Today went well, but they didn't have school and no friends were in the neighborhood to challenge my time for the boys. I don't know. We'll see if it works and now that I've shared it with you, I have to follow through, right??!!
I'm happy to have survived the holidays and just have one more thing to get done before too much time passes ~ send New Years cards. They won't be Christmas cards for the simple reason that I didn't get them done in time and New Year's cards sounds like a fun idea! They'll have a belated Christmas wish on them (we didn't turn aethiest!), but I won't feel so guilty for not having them done before December 25th (or so it would seem in theory). hehe
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment