Sunday, May 16, 2010

Finally. . .

I haven't posted anything for awhile and needed to try the new version to post with that Monica told me now has spell-check.  I hadn't been using the new version because they didn't have spell-check on it, but it takes so long to upload pics with the old version that I'm using the new version now and it's much easier to upload pictures!  Now, if I could only get the hang of getting them rearranged. . .


Last weekend we visited Tom and Jane.  We always have fun when we go there (usually because Jane and I shop :D) so the boys were more than ready to leave a day early from school and off we went.  Chris, Tom and Jane all had a meeting on Friday morning, so the boys watched Avatar and I worked (did you know that movie is over 3 hours long???  Taite was mad that Bray had to stop after 3 hours to go to the bathroom ~ I reminded him that the day before in the van, he couldn't go one hour without making us stop so he could go. . .)  After the meeting, Jane and I did a little shopping, but we had an early supper at Bev's on the River in Sioux City ~ if you are ever in SC at a meal time, I highly recommend Bev's and make sure you get a margarita!  YUMMY!!!  After our dinner, we did a little playing outside:
I have to say that you'll have to excuse the "quality" of my photos, they were all taken with my phone.  Saturday morning Jane headed out to her parents house.  We didn't plan our trip in advance and she had planned to go to her parents for the weekend and actually stayed home on Friday to spend a little more time with us ~ we were grateful!  To fill the morning, we went swimming at the pool at the Dunes.  The water is always really warm and when we go, there is usually no one there!  So nice!  After that (and lunch), we went to see the Lewis and Clark museum.  We had never been there before and I really enjoyed it!  The boys did too, but they were ready to go long before I was!  It was such a nice facility and they had these little booklets for the kids to fill out as they explored the museum. 

The first thing they had to do when they got their booklet was figure out what kind of "person" they wanted to be in the group of explorers traveling with L&C.  Each person's job description was listed and the boys chose their profession.  It was very cool.  Brayton chose a Private ~ they had to be good leaders, intelligent, and I can't remember anything other than that.  Well, after Brayton stamped his card that he was going to be a Private, he came across this:
He decided that he wished he would've know about this before signing up!!!  LOL  He thought that they didn't ever get to sleep :D

This is the monument that was constructed to mark the burial spot of someone important from the L&C team ~ I can't remember his name!  Oh, that's terrible, we even kept giving Taite grief for not knowing the name. . .  Maybe it will come to me ~ it was over a week ago!
















Today we were working on the yard (we, well, Chris took out the rock wall and just resloped the dirt on the west side of the house and we worked more on the fire pit).  We reached a point that we needed supplies, so off to town we went.  It happened to be close to supper time, so we ate at Culver's.  The kids meals are pretty good deals because they get a full burger (if they choose), fries, pop and ice cream!  Chris said there were quite a few new workers and I believe one of them filled Brayton's cone!!!  This was more ice cream than Chris got and he ordered a double scoop dish!!!  We all laughed ~ even the lady in the booth next to ours!  I can say I'm glad he never gets this much ice cream usually because I was ready to sit on him so he would settle down when we were in Menard's!  I thought for sure one of those driving fork lifts were going to run him over the way he couldn't stay put and they were driving so fast (we were out in the gardening center). 

I hope you all wear a smile like Bray's this week!  We finally have warm weather :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment