Sunday, May 30, 2010

This weekend, so far

We have had a productive weekend of decluttering and moving stuff to the shed.  Chris took the camper to it's new owners yesterday morning and was even back in time to put the check in the bank (they were 3 hours away!).  He left at 5 to accomplish that!  He was also up in time to know that Brayton wet the bed.  He'd been doing so well, but by the looks of his bed, he had not went since, say, noon!!!  I think I might have to throw his PJ's away!  I washed them, but they still stink! 

At 8:20, I was sitting at my desk when I heard the garage door open and then a pop open. . .  I said "Did you ask to have that?"  Brayton:  "Well, can I?"  "I guess, you've already opened it!" (giggle ~ Bray)  "OK!"

Later in the morning (before lunch) Brayton is finishing his pop.  Taite sees this and says "Wha, is that from today?!"  Brayton nods.  Taite says "And you didn't invite me?!"  This is where I have to point out that he opened it at 8!  We all laughed and Brayton says "well, I was getting tired and needed some caffeine!"  WHAT??!!  I reminded him he's only 8 and if he's tired, he can just TAKE A NAP!!!  We all laughed!  It was a good day!  The boys willingly helped haul stuff to the shed and both cleaned their rooms!  At 6:30, we decided to eat and we didn't feel like cooking, so we went to McD's.  We've all decided that even if we aren't able to sell the house, we desperately needed to get rid of "stuff" (speaking of which, if you want an early shopping time to purchase ANYTHING, just let us know!  I was going to have a garage sale, but I'm thinking we'll keep it set up and if people want to look at it, we are not going to restrict them by setting a garage sale time.  Honestly, we are having a "sold the camper", "closed the office", "hoping to move" sale and right now the space the camper took up is filled with stuff to sell and we haven't even finished with the house, started on the office and finished in the shed!  We have everything from rugs to toys to clothes, to gardening stuff to furniture!  The boys are excited because we've worked a deal that they get 15% of the sale money.  We started out at 10%, Taite came back with 20% and we settled on 15% :~)  That's Taite ~ the negotiator!  Brayton just keeps saying "I see us getting more than $15!" (we had to explain it with simple math ~ if we make $100, he will get $15 and if we make $500 ~ he figured it out, he would get $85 ~ I corrected him and he still didn't think that $75 was bad!)

I've cleaned out my portion of the closet and hung my clothes on white hangers only.  Is that going overboard?  I have no idea, but I'm hanging Chris' the same way :D  The boys are getting more and more excited about moving.  They just want to have some input as to what house we choose, which of course we would do!  One thing I'm wishing we would've done is sent Baby with Rick and Hiddy so we don't have to worry about her.  Right now we don't have to worry until the end of June when we go to Japan, but she likes to run through the rock around the house and she leaves little indents in the rock that will have to be smoothed out before a viewing.  Speaking of Japan, I am using the decluttering as  reason to start packing!  I am taking capris and dressier shirts for the trip so I started packing my bag now.  No sense in hanging those in the closet!  Today Chris and I were talking about it and I asked him if we needed suits.  He said only he needed to wear suits and I clarified, I was talking about swimming suits!  He reminded me we are going to a traditional Japanese spa (not sure if the boys are too or where they are going. . .) which means that you enjoy the spa experience completely naked!!!  I've decided to quit eating now!  No worries, I'll only be with the wife of one of the business men from Japan ~ I'll be booking my wax now!!! 

I'm feeling a little guilty for not cooking lately.  We had Mc D's yesterday and Subway for lunch and Kwik Trip pizza (try the BBQ Chicken!) for supper.  The boys don't seem to mind, but we are so used to eating a square meal, I feel bad ~ oh well, I'll keep reminding myself that it's a holiday weekend!  So far we go to bed early and get up early . . .  Some vacation :~)  It should all be worth it though, in the end!!

I'm dying to get to town though and pick up our "staging" stuff ~ towels, shower curtains, comforter, etc.  Chris doesn't think that's necessary, but I watch "Get it Sold" and shows like that on HGTV, so I know!!  hehe  Speaking of, I'm going to sign off and make sure we are doing all we can to "Get it Sold"!

No comments:

Post a Comment