Monday, May 24, 2010

Overwhelmed

That pretty much sums up the feeling around here (well, at least between Chris and I).  You know I'm normally the calm one, but with the decision to finally move made, Chris has me nervous.  He's sure we won't be able to sell our house.  First there is a bunch of legal stuff we have to get sorted out (our acreage isn't technically split off into it's own parcel because that costs big bucks, we have to give my parents First Right of Refusal and it seems like there was something more, but I can't remember).  Chris doesn't want to use a realtor, but I don't have a clue how to go about this, so I think it would be a good idea (but they get SOOO much money!).  Chris also doesn't think our house will be appealing to anyone.  I mean, yes, there are nice features (the mudroom, new fireplace), but there are other things that this house doesn't have too.  We are also trying to plan cleaning out "stuff" and getting ready for a sale.  I'm torn on what to sell because if we can't sell the house, I don't want to get rid of everything!  We also need to do a little patching on the walls and touch-up painting.  The boys and their friends are tough on things. . .

We are going to have a sale (I'm not sure if we should officially call it a moving sale if we don't have the house sold yet. . .) on June 4th and 5th because there is an auction on the 5th and I'm hoping we can snag some of those people at our sale.  We need to concentrate on getting the boys to let go of some of their items too ~ Chris calls me a pack rat, but they are worse!

I'm trying to figure out how to stage everything too!  That is stressful ~ not knowing if I've gone far enough to remove stuff or if I've taken too much stuff off the wall.  I've hit a few garage sales hoping to find staging items, but so far, no luck.  It's hard to buy things knowing you are going to have a sale soon too. . .

On another note, the boys get out late this year.  It seems like it's the latest they've ever been (speaking of, maybe or sale will not be on the 4th because Brayton's class has a field trip I might go on), but it's coming quickly and then our month of June will be gone.  They are done with school June 9th, start swimming lessons on the 14th (they go all week), the 21st through the 25th Taite has the classes like he took last year and the 26th we go to Japan for a week!  All of this while selling our house ~ doesn't sound too bad!  LOL  Tonight for supper Taite wanted to know if he could have Ramen noodles.  My automatic decision was no (too much salt, we were going to have leftovers, etc.), but Chris was still gone and I didn't really feel like cooking much, and after he told me he wanted to practice with chop sticks, I agreed.  He's hoping the Japanese will be impressed with his ability to use chop sticks.  I assured him they would be :D

I suppose, I thought I would update this quick since I was online researching some landscaping ideas.  We are trying to add some curb appeal with bushes, flowers and shrubs.  I am off to bed. . .

Oh, I would like to request that you say a prayer for my cousin, Rhonda.  She is serving in Iraq and the other day posted that they were under attack for 4 hours that night and that it was crazy (I think that was the word, either way, the word was not descriptive enough, I didn't think).  I pray for her safety and would like your help as well.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment