Today was . . . different.
We started off by dropping the van off for repairs, oil change and recalls. I will NOT miss that when we trade it in!
We made returns to Menards (extras from the outside projects and almost project of water line to the fridge we didn't get).
When we got home, did a little work (work, work) and then Chris decided to dig out the axles for the mobile home we've been using for an office. I put it on Craigslist yesterday and was going to say 'free' just to get it out of there, but Chris said to put a price of $500 and that would be reduced based on how quickly they could get it out of there. We've had more calls on that thing! It's always the stuff that you think won't sell, that does! The back room doesn't even have carpet in it! The young couple that looked at it thought it was GREAT! The only problem ~ the people who can move it are booked up until July and the heat is electric and the trailer park they were taking it to, doesn't allow all electric trailers so they have to look at putting a gas furnace in it and we've done that. It will be out of their price range. THEN the place that does the moving of these trailers also buys old ones and sells them! They called to see if they could buy it. We'll see, but it could be moved out of there in a week! So anyway, back to the axles ~ Chris came to the house (I was working) and showed me his hand with blood running down his fingers! I flew to the bathroom, grabbed band-aids, triple antibiotic ointment and went to help him. You'll never guess what he did. . . He was trying to turn the wheel and his hand slipped and he stuck the needle from the grease gun in between the knuckles on his hand! It was all swollen and I did a little research, but other than his kidneys and nervous system being effected, nothing to worry about!
As we were getting the boys to hurry up so we could take them with to get the van (and get them haircuts), I was dealing with a work issue (of course it was 5:00) and a guy calls ~ he's in Byron, wants to know where we have our camper so he can take a look! I had just showed it to a couple on Saturday, from Iowa and they were supposed to get back to us on or before Wednesday (today) and we hadn't heard anything. I think it's a blessing this all worked out ~ the guy came and loved the camper, but his wife wasn't with him (long story short, they'll be back to Rochester on Friday). As this guy is telling us how much he likes it and it's just what they are looking for, the guy from Iowa calls to offer us a lower price on it than we have listed. It is listed as OBO, but with the other couple coming on Friday, I hate to take a lower price. . . We do have it listed way below book! So, we'll see how that all plays out, but the space in the shed would certainly be nice for our sale in a week!
We spoke to a realtor today and she is stopping by tomorrow for the initial stage of listing our house. We have to offer my parents the first right of refusal, so hopefully she knows a little bit about that. Chris is still overwhelmed, but I think if we just start diving in, we'll do fine. At this point, he is standing too far back and seeing the big picture and that is too much :~) I pitched that we could get iPod's and that would make all the working more bearable. We are excited and nervous because the first 30 days a property is listed are the most critical. I know not everyone is happy for us, but my SIL put it best "it's not as if we are dying!" we are just moving! And excited to have a smaller yard. And want to have neighbors nearby whom we might be friends with. And want to be on non-gravel roads. And want to be near a fishing spot (that one is for Chris). And want to maybe have a walking path near our house. Oh and the boys and Chris both want to have a corner bathtub :D One good thing about all this nervousness ~ the scale is becoming my friend and my butt is shrinking!
Tomorrow night is Brayton's music program at school. This is very late for them ~ usually they are in the winter, but the music teacher had maternity leave in there when the programs are usually done, so it was delayed this year. It's kind of nice because Rick and Hiddy (Chris' brother and his wife) are coming! They both teach in SD and are all done with school! Brayton was very excited! He was also excited to show me the program cover he drew for the music program because it was chosen as one of the printed ones for everyone who comes! He also clarified to me that they aren't chosen randomly, they choose the better drawn pictures! He did do a very good job, if I do say so myself! We might have to get there a little earlier to save seats and get one of those programs!
I'm glad I have a blog because it really is therapeutic at times. It's difficult always being "the bad guy" in some situations and it makes me feel more relaxed when I can type meaningless stuff about things you don't care about. LOL
Just for that, here is a recipe we tried last week. It was excellent and was very easy! I think it came from All Recipes, but I'm not sure. You'll have to forgive my directions, I wrote them all on a 3 1/2 x 5 sheet of paper
Fire Roasted Tomato & Spinach Pasta
6 oz linguine
1 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves of garlic (I thought this was a lot, but used this amount and it wasn't!)
1/2 onion, chopped
1 ~ 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes with juice
1 ~ 9 oz box of frozen creamed spinach, thawed
Chopped up chicken (I think I used one large b.s. breast)
Italian seasoning (I have no idea how much I used, just dumped ~ maybe 1/2 to 1 tsp?)
Salt & Pepper to taste (I didn't add any!)
Cook the pasta. Heat the oil in a skillet, stir in the onion and garlic and chicken. Cook until softened (approx. 3 min). Stir in the tomatoes and Italian seasoning, simmer. Cook for 1 minute and then add spinach. Cook 5 more minutes and stir in pasta ~ serve! The boys loved it and so did Chris and I ~ the boys even couldn't wait until the next day so we could have leftovers!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

I for one am so happy for you. I will say the one thing I do love about our house is the pond. Mike and Matt fished there tonight for a few hours.
ReplyDeleteI know you are and I think you are genuinely one of the 2 :D Where is that fishing pong? I see your pictures and I can't picture anywhere around your house that it is!
ReplyDeleteMaybe if your sister wasn't the last person to know and find out through a frickin' email about her sister moving. It might have gone over better. I've always wanted that sister bond you see on the movies...one you can call about anything, go to eat just the two of you, do pedicures, etc... I'm sorry you don't understand my feelings. I'll support you on your move b/c that's what sisters do but I won't be fake about my feelings.
ReplyDelete