My mom and I were going to go to a Ladies Night at the local car dealership. They were going to have prizes, food, wine (really why we went ~ hehe!) and seminars. When we first got there, a lady was in the food line behind us (she was by herself) and thought we could be "best buds" until she starts off on her rampage. . . The Cash for Clunkers was a terrible program (yada, yada), the money the city wants to spend on the road over somewhere (yada, yada ~ I tuned her out after the CFC ranting started), the redoing of the Civic Center was stupid (yada, yada) and there may have been another one that I didn't catch. By this time we were up to the food (finally!!!) and I squeezed in to get a plate (they were at the end of the table that the woman behind us, who was now between us, was bellied up to) and then stepped out so mom could get a plate, which she was squeezed out and couldn't get some of the first foods and I didn't get a napkin or any silverware. Needless to say, we found an occupied table to eat at so Soapbox Woman couldn't join us! We went to a seminar and it was kind of boring (how to get financing) and when we came back to the general area, mom saw a lady who they used to play cards with in Card Club, Jan. Jan was nice, but her friend Laura ~ she was a BLAST!!! It must be something about the name because all the Laura/Laurie/Lori's I've ever know have been fun people!!! I truly believe that names do carry certain characteristics for the most part (most Lisa's are brunettes. . .think about it!) and Laura/Laurie/Lori = FUN! We drank wine and chatted and laughed A LOT with Jan and Laura and the night turned out to be fun. PLUS, if I ever have to go to the Police Station in the Government Center ~ I will not be afraid! I will get to see Laura! Haha! Okay, I do have to tell one embarrassing thing that happened. . . There were two women working at this thing and one of them was Alex Morgan (super cute, BTW) and she was walking around among the crowd and turns to mom and says "Oh, I recognize your name! Hi Linda, I'm Alex" ~ geez ~ this is because Alex works at Y105.3 and mom has won on their games/call-in's so many times, the guy has actually invited her to tour the radio station! I was slightly embarrassed by that one :~)
Oh, I forgot to mention how Thursday night all worked out. . . Chris had football handout again, so he couldn't take the boys and I checked with mom to see what dad was doing. Well, he was going to look at a combine, so I told her unless I left the boys with Great-Grandma, I couldn't go to the Women's thing. Mom called dad's cell phone to see how far away from home he was because she would ride along with him since I didn't have a place for the boys to go. Well, maybe it didn't come out that way because dad showed up here and said "I'm supposed to take the boys with me?" Um. . . The boys were all excited to go with Grandpa, so, whatever works. As they were all getting situated in Grandpa's truck, mom called over to see if dad was at our house ~ yes ~ she called him to tell him she would ride with him, but wasn't very clear so he picked up the boys and it all worked out. Except ~ the guys (dad and my boys) didn't get home until 10. . .
On Friday morning, there was a garage sale listed with "football equipment" so I was sure to get there when it opened! I got pads and a helmet for Brayton! All for $20 and I thought that was a good deal. . . Well, the helmet is a little small and doesn't fit Bray very well (he already has a bruise on his forehead) and the pads were cheaper if I'd have gone to Goodwill ~ same pads, better shape for $3.99 ~ dang it!!! Oh well, the boys were very happy on Friday! Here is a picture of Brayton playing Legos in his pads.
I think this last week was the week of really good deals for me! Here are a pair of shoes I got at Saver's when I was in town with the boys on Tues or Wed, whenever that was we were on a football search (went to Savers, but not Good will that day ~ dang it!). I paid $7.49 for these shoes ~ obviously never been worn, but I didn't recognize the brand, so I looked it up online and found these same shoes in black for $84.99! Love that kind of deal and they are SOOOO comfy!
Then on Friday when mom and I did a little more garage saling after finding the FB pads, I found an unopened box of Legos ~ Star Wars no less, for $8. Found the same set online for $64.99
The last good deal was a set of Zymol (I think that's spelled right) car detailing products. I found a similar set online that didn't have as much stuff for $60 and I paid $5 for the whole set I bought.
After garage saling on Friday, I got the camper cleaned up and staged because a guy had called and said he was coming from Brainerd to look at it! Yeah, our first customer! We've had many people call and say they would come another day, but never do. I just want to say if you've looked at other used campers, you will NOT be disappointed by the cleanliness of this one! This guy said he did some research after deciding to come down and his truck couldn't pull our camper ~ WELL, THEN, DON'T CALL US AND TELL US YOU ARE COMING TO LOOK AT IT! I had put the awning out and everything! I had to put that away so I could get the truck back into the shed and couldn't get the stupid awning to roll up correctly, so I left it! Dumb thing. . .
When the rain finally stopped on Friday afternoon, the boys couldn't wait to go outside and try the pads out. I heard a lot, and I mean A LOT, of loud "cracks" of pads hitting pads and helmets hitting pads! I went out and took a couple of videos, but they were getting kind of tired. I'm not sure what they were practicing, but they "got it" and were enjoying it (until Brayton's forehead was bruised and now we have to find a better helmet or take a break).

No comments:
Post a Comment