Today Chris had warned me that he probably wouldn't get much work done at the office. So, I was prepared for his talking to himself, using reams of paper and his quick/short responses to me. Hey, we've been married for 11 years and have worked together for 5 of those. Tonight, Chris was so nervous that he couldn't eat anything but a Pop Tart for supper. Then he was all stressed out because he forgot to get a watch battery for his watch, which he was going to use for coaching. We had both decided to drive to practice because he was going to get together with the assistant afterwards to discuss any changes they may need to make. I parked closest to the field (where there are signs posted and have been know to give tickets for doing this) and cut across an empty lot so if we had to carry up the big orange water cooler that we wouldn't have to carry it very far. I got into town and Chris called ~ I asked him if he put in the van the big green Dick's Sporting Goods bag that had the cups for the water cooler and he did not. . . Luckily, since he had just been on a business trip last week, there was still almost a full case of water in the back of the van. Tomorrow, we'll remember the cups :~) Despite what Chris saw as setbacks, practice went very well. Apparently the first couple days are chaotic like this.
Chris and Taite have taken a break from conditioning because last week Taite complained that his heel hurt. Tonight after practice, it was hurting again. . . It doesn't matter what shoes he is wearing, they always seem to hurt his heel. We'll be taking him into the Dr. tomorrow, but he is already devastated that he won't get to play. We are trying to comfort him, but until we know for sure what is wrong, he may not be able to play. His only complaint tonight was that practice was boring because they didn't get to hit anyone or do real tackles. Coach said that will come tomorrow :~) Maybe tomorrow I'll take some pictures too ~ I'm a bad mom ~ I took the camera, but it's so much nicer to sit and chat with other moms ~ hehe.
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment