I don't know if you read them or not, but I really do like the quotes that are on the side of my blog. Here is the one that was on when I came to it and it made me smile ~ hope it does the same for you!
When I look at the smiles on all the children's faces, I just know they're about to jab me with something.
Homer Simpson
Yesterday on Ellen (I had it on while doing stuff around the house) she had a religious author. He was a little different from her usual guest because he was so somber, but I liked a quote he said (it was said by someone else and I'm not even sure I have it exactly correct, but it went something like this) "Resentment is like drinking poison in the hopes that it will kill your enemies". To go with this, he is trying to get every human to take a vow of Non-Violence and we can create a peaceful world one person at a time. He was really very interesting to listen to.
Yesterday was also my first "work day" with Chris gone on his last long business trip for awhile. I got some things checked off my "to-do" list, which was good because I was very nervous since I'm doing "Chris' job" and I don't do that often, so my fear is I'll mess something up!
The boys found it very funny yesterday that a pair of Bray's white underwear were washed with the reds and are now pink. . . I think Taite laughed the hardest, but that was probably just because they weren't his!
I have to say "Great Job, Mom" because for over a month now, she has been walking and is now fitting into (with extra room, too, I'd like to add) "old" clothes!!!! You know what kind of clothes I'm talking about ~ the ones we all have in the back of our closet with the hopes that someday we'll fit back into them!! You GO Girl!
Today Grandpa Tom is coming to bring us fish!!! Yeah!!! He went fishing in Alaska and happens to be coming through the area (well, he's actually headed to the Cities, so this is a little out of the way) to bring us some fish. We love food in the freezer!! Guess I'd better go get the tank filled for the grill (on Sunday the boys and I cooked chicken legs on the grill and just as I was spreading the BBQ sauce on them, the gas ran out ~ it seems to be a thing with me when I grill!)
For Labor Day weekend, we are getting together with a high school classmate of mine and her husband (Chris knows him from the specialty grains industry). The only problem is that we didn't plan this in advance and to find a place that takes reservations and has 2 openings, is difficult. Now, yesterday, Chad (the husband) called Chris' cell and said that another guy (from the industry) is coming up from Omaha to camp too (they just tent). It's funny because some of you might remember when the boys were little, we actually went to Omaha to see about a job for Chris there. This is the same guy who Chris would've been working for. I think it will be sooo fun if we can get it all figured out because his wife (Greg's ~ the guy from Omaha ~ are you still with me here? hehe) took me shopping and stuff when the guys talked "business" when we went down there and she was very easy to get along with! Wish us luck :~)
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment