Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Nothin' much

So we haven't been doing a whole lot of anything. Chris left for a short business trip to Chicago on Sunday and so that meant trips to town! :~) LOL

Sunday I made the boys come with me, but as a reward, we cooked brats over the campfire. I found some wonderful deals at Goodwill! I went looking for a cute hooded sweatshirt and came out with 2 jackets, 2 hoodies and one reversible vest. All for only $16.99! The one jacket I found is from Coldwater Creek and will really just be for fun ~ it's bright yellow and has 3 big buttons on the front and it's an a-line style. The items I found were a Eddie Bauer maroon fall jacket, a Columbia hoodie and a cute pink Addidas hoodie that says "sample" on the tag, so maybe it's a one-of-a-kind!

Our campfire turned out to be somewhat of a challenge. I thought the wood we had from the trees we trimmed about a month ago would be dry enough, but they weren't even close! We decided to go "steal" some wood from a pile at Great-Grandma's house that has been there forever and I've never known anyone to use it. I bought blueberries in town and got some for Grandma too, so when the boys put wood in the van (the old van), I took Grandma her blueberries. When I came back out, the boys informed me there were bugs on the wood (as we watch them crawling around the van. . .). I didn't panic, but took the wood out and tried to kill the bugs I could see ~ they were the creepiest I've ever seen! They had pincher things on the front AND back of them. We threw the wood on the ground before putting it in the van, just to make sure the bugs fell off because they weren't crawling out of any holes, they were just "on" the wood. Taite would only ride in the front seat on the way home, in case the bugs made it up to his seat ~ as if they would seek out humans when they could hide in dark places. After about 5 trips for newspaper and 1/2 hour, we did get the fire burning and burned enough so it was just perfect for roasting brats. We brought the ketchup out to the fire and didn't use plates either. I just didn't feel like it :~). When we were done with them, I found S'mores items in the house and camper so we had dessert by the fire too. A good time was had by all and the boys thanked me at least 3 times ~ gotta love being the best mom ever. . .okay, I can dream at least!

Yesterday I had an eye appt and got my haircut. My eye appt. was just to confirm that I do, in fact, have allergies. The first time I was told that, I didn't "get" it because I didn't have a stuffy nose, or watery eyes, well he told me yesterday that I have ocular allergies, which makes sense. Guess I have to use eye drops and he gave me a sample of the OTC brand, but I don't know how long it takes them to work, but I really want them to because the prescription of Patanol costs $80-$90 for this little tiny bottle (we're talkin' the size that you would think is really a sample, but it's not!!!) The thing with the OTC drops is they sting so bad! The eye Dr. said his grandson had used the OTC drops and complained that they stung, but they didn't really believe him, since he's 6 and might be exaggerating ~ I'll have to remember the next time I see him that they really do!

I got my haircut at a new salon so I was a little unsure, but you have to have the mindset that "it will grow back". Actually, the girl did a really nice job and she layered my hair more in the back so it will lay a little flatter. You know it will be good when she says that we have the same kind of hair and cowlicks in the same spots! I thought for sure my haircut was noticeable, but since no length was cut off, I guess it really wasn't. Chris couldn't tell at all that I had it cut ~ guess we'll see if he notices a difference when he runs his fingers through it! Hahaha!! That was a joke ~ he never runs his fingers through my hair! hehe

Taite is still staying on top of his conditioning and he has goals set for himself and he looks great! Amber commented a couple of times last night on how much he has slimmed down too, so I shared that with him as motivation. His goal is to be in the 80 pound range on the scale. He's down to 96 or 94 right now, so he's doing great. He's happy that he has "obtained" some muscles in the process too. :~)

Just when we think Brayton is doing well. . . Tonight Chris had to give him Albuterol because he sounded terrible and was having trouble breathing! This summer has really been crappy ~ we have the 3rd coldest July in history, allergy "season" just never goes away and we haven't camped except once a month! We are hoping to go this weekend, but Chris keeps telling me little things like "it's going to be a scorcher on Sat." that make me think he doesn't want to go. . . Oh well, I am motivated to go, so we'll see. . .

Tomorrow night is his first Coaches meeting. I hope it goes well and he is only nervous I think about the part where he has to say his name and tell his coaching experience ~ none! I keep telling him that the guy they paired him up with also has 2 boys and they are both in our boys' grades. Hopefully they hit it off because it would be fun to have friends with kids the same ages and them being boys!

Well, I suppose, I have bored you enough!

Oh yeah, remember to kiss and hug those you love ~ make sure they know how much you care for them! I hate reading the news and I hated even more to read about the 8 year old boy from Plainview who "died peacefully in his mothers arms surrounded by his 2 sisters and his father". Made me cry for him and his family, but say a prayer for them and our continued health. God bless!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment