Friday, August 14, 2009

Things we have learned this week:

1. A Magic Eraser does not make for a good "sponge" to wash the car (the boys were "helping" last Sunday while we mowed by washing the Saturn ~ good thing it was only the Saturn!)
2. We need to drive the truck more (with an additive in the fuel) or trade it for a gas model.
3. The Stewartville pool is an excellent place to take the kids on a warm afternoon. The prices were excellent and they enjoyed all areas of the aquatic center today!
4. Insurance companies (Medica) will screw you every time! (pardon the french) This is the first year in 4-5 years that we have met the deductible after Bray's surgery this spring and in July they raised our premiums (not unusual, that happens almost every other month anywhere from $20 - $120/mo) and our deductible, so now we haven't "met" our deductible (again) so we have to start paying out of pocket (again). . . Not sure how they get away with that crap!
5. School is quickly approaching and I still HATE school supply shopping!
6. I am not made for early morning football drills (Chris said he needed an assistant).
7. You are never too old to be let down (Chris was supposed to meet with the asst. coach last night and he never showed and didn't call. . .)
8. A night laughing with an old friend is always a good time! Thanks Laurie!
9. I LOVE playing games and laughing with the boys! Mom bought a math type version of Sequence and is letting us borrow it because it is perfect for the boys' ages right now (in fact, I had mis-calculated some of the equations). It was so much fun and we had a lot of good laughs. I hope they keep some of those happy memories for when they are teens and will swear they don't like us :~)

I'm sorry I don't have many pictures on here lately, it's just a pain to save them to my computer and then to upload them to here. Not that I have taken many, I just don't like putting them on ~ hehe. I was going to take pictures of the boys at the pool today, but I couldn't get the zoom to work, so I scratched that because there were so many kids, it would be like a Where is Waldo kind of picture LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment