Well, yesterday was another day spent in town. The boys went with me because we were on the hunt for equipment for Brayton and shoes that fit for Taite (we had a pair, they just were too big). We had to be to Honda at 10 (remember ~ so they could do the stuff they didn't do the previous day) and were late for that, but I didn't feel too badly because we shouldn't have had to go back anyway. On the way, Taite told me that I needed to stay off my phone because my speed had fluctuated between 70 and 65 miles per hour. . . Um, the fact that we had changed roads and the speed limits were different had been lacking in his observations ~ so, I had to point them out! That's all I need is Taite telling people that I talk on my phone while driving and drive all different speeds! At Honda the boys both had a bag of popcorn when we got there and we waited only for about an hour. Of course when the guy brought our keys he had to tell me that they cleaned out a bunch of dust from the tires and we must've "thrown a weight" at some time, so they balanced the tires ~ maybe they "threw the weight" when they took the tires off to rotate them because they didn't drive like that when we brought it in the day before. . . Whatever!
I went to Shopko to return some things and to exchange some others and the lady at the c/s desk was obviously having an off day because when I came back to do the exchange, she totally didn't remember me! Not that I'm a person who gets forgotten, but when I gave her my receipt (same one I had the returns on) she was thoroughly confused and asked me if we had already done this. . . Um, no ~ I just returned the shorts that were still on the counter behind her. It should've been a sign to me.
We decided to try B.B's Pizzaria which is right near Shopko ~ it was very good pizza, but I was tempted to order the pitcher of beer that was on special during the lunch hour.
Brayton has been whiny lately after we changed his allergy meds (after seeing the allergist again). We were giving him 2 puffs of a ^$#$*@ steroid (I have no idea how to spell it. . .) in the morning, so he wouldn't have any spells where he can't breathe. Well, the Dr. said we should split up those puffs, so there is one in the am and one in the pm ~ this does NOT work for Bray!! He doesn't sleep well when we give him that at night and hence, the continuous whining. So, for our sanity, we will disregard the Dr. suggestion.
Then, as we did more driving, Taite had even more "suggestions" for my driving. . . By the time we got to Dick's Sporting Goods on the south end of town, I was ready to go home! Oh, did I mention that it started to pour during this trip?
Oh, and we stopped at Play It Again Sports again hoping that we could find some shoulder pads that would fit Bray and were cheap ~ no luck. The new ones were $30 and the used were only $5 less, which was not what I was looking to spend. So, to make him feel better, I mentioned that Sylvia (my cousin who has 2 boys ~ much older boys) thought she might still have some pads around and she would look for sure. Wrong thing to do ~ he asked me about every 20 minutes (no lie) if Sylvia had said anything ~ did we have to go to Sylvia's house ~ where is Sylvia's house ~ is Sylvia home from work yet (I told him at one point that Sylvia wouldn't know because she had emailed when she was at work to get him off my back only to have him start asking again at 5:30 when will she be home. . .) It was a loooong day!
So, to relax last night, I did some sewing. I wanted to finish my Breast Cancer Awareness purse, but I got close, just didn't finish it. It was a good end to the day, however.
This morning we had our treadmill replaced and everything is good! Sports Art truly stands behind their products and the guys at Total Health in Rochester are WONDERFUL! They helped us to get our warranty claim on the broken frame of our treadmill all worked out AND they delivered it (got SA to pay for the delivery too :~) Gotta love it!) Other than this, I am just dreading the next work week when Chris is gone and I am in charge of getting all these original documents to the correct places all without a hitch or the world will come to an end :-) Okay, not exactly, but the customers think that's what will happen and it's all on my shoulders! Guess I'll go home and watch blindfold musical chairs on Ellen today! I LOVE that game on her show!!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment