Saturday, August 29, 2009

Lots of Stuff!

Here's the deal. . . when I upload pictures to the blog, they are never in order and today I just don't feel like putting them in order, so I'll describe what each one is and hopefully you can follow along ~ hehe

Lovin' My Lil' Green Tractor!!!(there is a country song about a Big Green Tractor and Chris told the boys that he likes that song now that we have a green tractor and the boys quickly pointed out that the song refers to a "BIG" tractor and ours is not big! hehe)
Yesterday afternoon, I decided to split some flowers. So, I hooked up the garden wagon to my tractor (I think Chris will have to get his own LOL), filled up a tote with water for after transplanting, loaded my tools and dug up some flowers (hence the post yesterday). I didn't get nearly as many done as I had hoped, but as I went along, I did some weeding and cleaning up around the yard (we had burned some boards in the fire pit that had metal in them and I had picked that out, but never threw it away) and it was VERY convenient to throw this stuff in the bucket of the tractor. When Chris came home (I didn't even come close to separating all the flowers I needed too because I am out of space for them!) we had a tree to move and he wanted to try out his idea for using the pallet forks he made to dig the hole. Here is the trees new home ~ the pallet fork thing was PERFECT!!!

Since this project didn't take much time, we decided to see if we could move the big overgrown weed/bush on the corner of the house. It really is a bush, but grows so big and it was too close to the house that it needed to be moved. After several attempts to lift it out with the forks, we finally decided to see if we would have any luck with the Bolles' method (tie a chain around it and pull it out!). I did organize these pictures because I didn't want you to see the end result and then how we got there :~)

Here is the truck after we successfully got the bush pulled out of the ground. To the left, is the corner the bush was growing around. In the picture, the dirt that looks like it is pointing towards the truck is about how far out the bush was growing in that direction and about 5' (at least) on either side of the corner!

To pick up the bush after pulling it out, Chris used the forks (again) :~) and they worked beautifully! We decided to use this large bush to kind of hide the gas tank from the back yard. Once it fills in, I think it will be perfect!!!

A set up of our rig. Don't ya love it???

This is why we couldn't pull this out with the forks. The roots on this thing were HUGE! There were many that were over 1" wide and one was cut off and it was running along the foundation of the house, which I'm sure is not good, so we were glad we got this out of there.
To start on the hole, we used the forks to break up the dirt. . .
And then the bucket to scoop out the dirt. I was the "runner" on the ground. To switch between the bucket and forks, just two pins have to be pulled and then you lift or let down the loader (depending on if you are picking up or dropping off) ~ SOOO simple!
After the hole looked to be the correct depth, Chris picked up the bush with the forks again, this time slipping them on either side of the base. This (again LOL) worked perfectly!!! He lowered it a little into the ground, got the roots situated, added some dirt, lowered a little more and gave it a lot of attention, so I sure hope it grows! We had to put the "corner" side to the gas tank because as you can kind of see in the picture there is actually an indent where it had grown around the house. . .
And this is it's new home ~ doesn't it look nice??? It looks a little lopsided, but what wouldn't with where it was growing?


School is Getting Near!
On Wednesday afternoon, Grandpa Tom came through and brought us fish and then took the boys school clothes shopping (yes, I went along!) I dread this time of year because picking out jeans for the boys is awful! Two years ago, I made just under 10 trips to Kohl's to exchange jeans I had gotten for Taite because they didn't fit right. Well, GUESS WHAT??? Now, Levi's has the normal size 10 slim, 10 regular and 10 husky (for example), but then they also state what the waist and leg sizes are ~ just like men's jeans! This is super convenient because we would find a size that fit, but if the cut was different (carpenter, slim fit, etc.) then the jean would fit totally different! Now, we can look for just the waist and leg size, so no more guessing!!! We found some jeans that fit Taite perfectly! Brayton, another story. I found jeans that would be long enough, but even the slim had at least a 1" gap at the waist, so we had to go to Gap again this year and he was happy because they still have the button looking closure that is actually a hook in the back, so he doesn't have to worry about having to go to the bathroom. They also found shirts, sweatshirts and Bray finally got a Vikings jersey. He was so excited and when I got home, I looked at it and they had forgotten to take the ink thing off! UGH! I was stressed because I've heard about places not taking that off even if you have the receipt, but the guy didn't even look at the receipt when I took it back. He just apologized and removed it! All that stressing for nothing! Oh, they got shoes too. I asked Bray what kind of shoes he would like and I picked out a pair of Adidas or Nike and he's like, no, I want this kind:

I was totally surprised, but I guess I just buy shoes on clearance and have them around so they can grow into them. I have never bought any like this before and I probably won't be allowed to buy shoes for them when they aren't with, ever again :~)
Here are the pair that Taite picked out. The shoe on the right is one I've bought on clearance and he "grew into". Well, not quite yet. Since he wore those (on the right) and they are a little big, his heel has hurt. Chris is very concerned because FB starts on Monday and he doesn't want his star player (I added that hehe) to be injured already!

We had to cut our supper short at Applebees because the PTO was putting on a Welcome Back to School party. The boys were so excited to go and knew they would see all their friends! Taite went to play soccer with some other boys (after the high school team was done practicing) and Brayton wandered around and wandered around trying to find a friend to play with. He did have one awkward moment with his friend Aubrey, but she was already playing with another girl, so they said 'hi' and then looked at each other for a few seconds before Aubrey and her friend took off running. Bray looked over at me, with this pitiful look that he didn't know what to do ~ I felt bad for him. Needless to say, not one of Bray's friends showed up, Taite scored 2 goals and I signed up for the PTO (or is it PTA?) and we left early because Brayton started crying due to nothing to do. Of course Taite felt bad he was having fun and apologized to Bray for not leaving sooner (isn't he sweet? I love their brotherly love!) I'm sure school will go much better ~ we have meet the teacher on Tuesday afternoon.

I keep forgetting to post that I finished this bag. I think it turned out soo cute! I made the strap a little longer (I forget how long though) but still decided that I need to keep some of these new so I can sell them :~) I did figure out the stitch that I said no handle would ever have again that I did on Monica's bag was the SMALL version of this stitch on this bag! That's why it took me sooo long to do! Won't make that mistake again!

No comments:

Post a Comment