Wednesday, July 29, 2009

So I only had one beer last night and felt terrible afterwards ~ must've been the cold that I feel like I am getting today. . .

We did receive some good news last night! Chris is the head coach for Taite's football team this fall. I thought for sure he would be excited ~ he's nervous, nervous, nervous! There are 14 kids on the team, so he'll have 26 parents (Taite's parents won't be a problem) that he'll have to try and keep happy! He's stressed about there being so many fundamentals and how will they get them all taught and perfected before the first game! Two things are for sure coming about because of this:
1. He and Taite are "picking it up" with their conditioning because Chris wants him to be the "good" coaches kid :~) I'm not too worried. hehe
2. He said he is NOT letting work get in the way of this coaching ~ he will do his damnest (sp?) to make sure he is not traveling and will make practices and games!

Yea for him! His first trip comes next week when he'll be in Chicago, but comes home Tues night and there is a coaches meeting on Wed night.

Our boys are too spoiled. . . Taite came to me this morning and told me he saw a commercial where you can take in any car and get $4500 for it so we should take the (sorry Greg. . .) "rust bucket" and trade it for something nicer. Chris keeps telling the boys some people only have cars like that to drive and if it "gets you where you want to go. . . " (man I hate sounding like my parents!). Plus, I like the payments! NONE!! We had talked about trading in the old van, but ironically, we like to have that just because we can take all the seats out (can't in the Honda) and haul all kinds of "stuff" without having to worry about the rain or dust getting to it! It's been perfect for the game table, love seat and many other things like garage sale items ~ I mean the ones I was selling on the garage sale we had at Steph's house!

A funny story ~
For NI Midstar, we have 2 credit cards (one for "always" use and the other "just in case"). Well we received a letter that the one credit card (back-up) was being cancelled because the funding/backing for it was being pulled from the credit card company ~ had nothing to do with us as users. The other day Chris took a call and he was on the phone for about 20 minutes. He comes out and tells me "I don't have any credit!" The one credit card he had applied for had looked at his credit history and his score is fine, but I have signed up for the cards (I thought jointly) and Chris is just an authorized user! She suggested he might want to sign up for a card all on his own, but don't go "crazy" ~ as if we would all of a sudden stop paying off the balance. . . He was sure I had set him up so that if I kicked him out that he wouldn't even be able to rent an apartment ~ man, his mind goes crazy sometimes. . .

1 comment:

  1. I just noticed your new layout on your blog. So cute! Reminds me of your sewing.

    ReplyDelete