Saturday, July 25, 2009

So, here is a quick mock-up of the camera bag. I had to use the lining fabric in a lot of places because there wasn't much left on the thing at JoAnn's so for 1/2 off, we took it all. Here is the inside of the bag. The lower right corner has the camera pouch and on the left side is the lens pouch. Across the back are the pockets, but I wanted to see for sure where I should place them (up off the bottom or along the bottom) and I think I like them up off the bottom. Across the top is the zipper! I was really nervous about getting this done and I think I was just over thinking it. After doing some research today, it was a breeze (well, minus the time I had to undo my first try because it wasn't wide enough). The next step is to have Monica bring her "stuff" so we can see if it will fit in the pockets and such.

Last night during supper I said that I felt like playing Boggle (we bought a new one because I couldn't find it at any used place ~ Saver's, Goodwill, Craigslist and it was $15! I was thinking it should be more like $6 because there is nothing to it, but whatever) and Chris said he felt like watching a movie. He and Taite are not the game players in this house. But it was decided that we'd play Boggle. After a few rounds, Brayton was getting a little frustrated because he didn't know many words (can't argue with that) so I suggested that we open the Electronic Monopoly game we've had in the closet since last December. . . It was Monica's suggestion that prompted me to buy it (it's also Chris' favorite game and since it's electronic, it's supposed to be quicker ~ to finish) :~)

We really had a BLAST playing this game! We each get a credit card with 10 million dollars (so real life too!) and the property on the board has been updated, so Mall of America is on there, Disney World, etc. The boys thought the player pieces were cool too ~ segway, flat screen TV, a purse w/a dog, baseball hat and some others. What the boys really enjoyed is that the property is offered to the person who lands on it and if they don't want it, it goes up for auction. I will try my best to describe how this went~~
As soon as Chris would say auction, Brayton's face would light up and he'd raise his hand (ready to bid) the whole time nodding. Taite, on the other hand would get caught up in the bidding and after he would bid was hoping that another person would outbid him so he wouldn't have to "spend" that money! It was too funny!!! I tried to capture it on the video below, but you are more than welcome to come to our house and play with us sometime to get the full effect. We did a lot of laughing and the boys didn't go to bed until 9.
Here is Brayton deciding if he should bid. . .

Taite won the bid and then didn't want to have to pay:

Getting oriented with the new game.



After the late night last night, the boys were not too excited for our big moving day. . . Taite was grumbling the whole time he had to help and wanted to know why Chris was doing what I wanted ~ he should've just said no. Of course Chris didn't tell him that he and I had discussed this together and it wasn't all my idea!
The easiest way to show the big move is to do before and after pictures, so here it goes.
BEFORE: This is my sewing room/utility room.



AFTER: This is the utility/ exercise room. The treadmill is tipped up here because the metal is cracked and will eventually break, so Chris is going to call the guy we bought it from, again (the very first treadmill we had, the same bars broke right off and that was within a week of when we got it!)
BEFORE: The exercise/storage room
AFTER: My sewing room/storage room. I can open my table ALL the way up and we went and got a conference table from the office that we weren't using to use as my new sewing table. I have so much more room I can hardly believe it!
BEFORE: The garage
AFTER: The garage/weight room. We sold the game table to Steph & Brian and cleaned up the garage to put the weight bench out there. There are more extensions and stuff that we couldn't use on the bench downstairs, we just have to find where we are storing them. . .
Here is where most of the stuff from the sewing room was while we moved all the big stuff.

There was also some stuff in the hallway and one chair mat made a tunnel type structure which Brayton thought was cool to crawl through to get to the bathroom. They decided that they'd make their own little fort back there and had pushed a tote sideways to create a corner. They took their Gameboys and were quite content until we had to kick them out so we could move some more stuff.

1 comment:

  1. love your new space. I really like seeing the material in all the shots.

    ReplyDelete