So today didn't seem too productive, but let me tell you that this is the only handle you will see ~~~okay, time out. . . I need to take this moment to complain about Vista (not that I'm sure Vista is the cause of my problems, but they are getting the blame!) On this new laptop, I have to continually disconnect from the wireless network and reconnect (to the same network) because it will all of a sudden not be connected! I signed into my blog and then went to upload the pictures and in that time, it didn't work. It is such a pain!
Okay, anyway, I apologize for my outburst ~ I'm a little tired. So, back to my day. It seems that I wasn't very productive on the bag, but after 2 failed attempts at the memory card pocket, I wanted to get it just perfect! Oh, and you will not see another bag with the detailed stitching like this one! It took wayyyy too much time. And then I couldn't use the amount of batting that I wanted to while doing the decorative stitch, so I had to sew the padding in with the straight stitches on the sides. This is how the handle will look on the outside (brown) and the inside of the handle (blue). I still am so in love with these fabrics!
One thing that Monica thought would be so cool is to have a little pocket on the handle that held the memory cards, so when needed, it didn't require a digging through a bunch of other stuff. So, without further ado ~ I present to you the Memory Card pocket (Monica, don't pee ~ hehe)
It's obviously not sewn onto the strap yet because I don't have the straps ready to sew together yet ~ not to that step. I hope it works just how she wanted it too. In hindsight, the pockets could've had a little less space in the heights of them, but I'm not taking it out now. . . :~) Sorry, Mon, you'll have to live with it. Tomorrow my plan is to get the pockets and compartments figured out for inside the bag (one for the camera, one for the lens and a few along the sides of the bag for other stuff (wet wipes, remotes, etc.) Wish me luck!

Oh Lisa! I can't tell you how much I love it. I keep going to your blog just to look at it again. If you had adds on here I would be making you a fortune. I may just pee before it is done.
ReplyDelete