Monday, July 13, 2009

Bag anyone?

Well, here it goes. . .

After making my wonderful laptop bag (not sure if I mentioned that it fits my 17" laptop, so way too big for a purse-type bag!) and getting so many rave reviews about it (okay, so there were a handful) I decided to try and shrink the pattern to make a purse-like messenger bag. After my trip to the fabric store last weekend, here is my 2nd attempt (the 1st one was way too small!). This one is still a little smaller than I was looking for, so if someone else is interested in it, I'm asking $25 and you will get to customize it to your liking. . .
Here is the sample of the flower that I can applique on it. That is similar (scaled down) to my laptop bag.
Or. . . If you don't like the flower, I won't put it on and you can just leave the flap as it is.
I think this is my favorite part! I love the leaves sewn around the border of the flap! I can also do this on the handle or can change it to something else if you prefer! The colors on the plaid are kind of washed out from the camera flash. The top pictures are a better representation of the actual colors. And speaking of colors, on the picture above this one, on the lower left corner, the lighter pink/rose you see is what I used for the inside pockets.
Here is a picture of the inside (you will not see the white that is in this picture when it is all done ~ I haven't finished this one so I can customize it for whomever wants it. I will make the handle the plaid color (or if you see another one you like better on the bag, I can do that as well ~ I've just found that you want the bottom and the handle to be darker color (dirty hands, make dirty purses). The dimensions of this bag are 10" wide and 7" tall and 2" deep. I will make the handle longer like a messenger bag, unless you have a desired length ~ I aim to please! :~)
Okay, so for those of you not interested in bags, here is a funny joke someone emailed me last week ~ I laughed, so hopefully you will too hehe
An Irish woman of advanced age visited her physician to ask his advice in reviving her husband's libido. 'What about trying Viagra?' asked the doctor 'Not a chance', she said. 'He won't even take an aspirin.' 'Not a problem,' replied the doctor. 'Give him an 'Irish Viagra'.. It's when you drop the Viagra tablet into his coffee. He won't even taste it. Give it a try and call me in a week to let me know how things went.' It wasn't a week later when she called the doctor, who directly inquired as to her progress. The poor dear exclaimed, 'Oh, faith, bejaysus and begorrah! T' was horrid! Just terrible, doctor!' 'Really? What happened?' asked the doctor. 'Well, I did as you advised and slipped it in his coffee and the effect was almost immediate. He jumped straight up, with a twinkle in his eye and with his pants a-bulging fiercely! With one swoop of his arm, he sent me cups and tablecloth flying, ripped me clothes to tatters and took me then and there passionately on the tabletop! It was a nightmare, I tell you, an absolute nightmare!' 'Why so terrible?' asked the doctor, 'Do you mean the sex your husband provided wasn't good?' 'Feckin jaysus, 'twas the best sex I've had in 25 years! But sure as I'm sitting here, I'll never be able to show me face in Starbucks again!'
I did forget to mention that the highlight of my weekend was at the bonfire. One of the kids there (I think he was 19) asked me how old I was (I didn't care, it wasn't like he was looking for a date!) and when I told him I was 30-something (didn't do the math) he said "oh, you don't look that old!" Gotta LOVE that!! :~) Hey~ I'm getting old, I have to take compliments when I can get them! hehehe

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I totally want one. I am not sure what I would want for customizing....hmmmm???? I want one for sure. Sign me up! Friday works great for me too. We can talk about it then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I want to see yours before I decide about the stap lenght and the flower. Other than that I love everything about it. I think it will work great for my camera too!

    ReplyDelete