Thursday, July 9, 2009

A Big Update!

Do I have any readers still with me? :~)

Here is the last 2 weeks in a nutshell. . . (I may have forgotten some things, so I'll add more later when I recall them) :~)

Sewing Machine
I did decide on a BabyLock because of the options you can have for the money (compared to other brands). I did end up getting a new one because they didn't tell me when I was looking at the used ones that the brand new ones were only about double the price of the used and when you buy new, you get the full manufacturers warranty! I even got one that can do a little embroidery! I'm so excited, but I will wait to take my classes (come with the machine purchase) so I don't wreck something. I did manage to find a pattern and material that I absolutely LOVED when we were camping over the 4th in Lanesboro, so here is my first creation on my new sewing machine. I was up until 2 am on Monday night, but got my laptop bag completed in one day and I can't wait to make a smaller version to use for a purse!! (note the stitching on the handle and around the flap ~ all cool things that my new machine can do!!)


4th of July Weekend

We didn't have reservations for anywhere, so our options were the park in Lanesboro or the fairgrounds in Preston (a guy from the City told Sonja if you are the first ones to get there, you can have the water hook-ups). Mom & dad and us headed out on the 1st at "the butt-crack of dawn" (Greg's favorite "Chris" saying) to get sites for the weekend. Sonja and I had discussed going to Preston because we'd never been there before, but I guess neither of us shared our thoughts with mom. . . There was construction, so we were separated from mom & dad and when I called them to see for sure where the fairgrounds were, she said "FAIRGROUNDS?! We're at the park in Lanesboro!" Well it all worked out because normally getting into the park there is a challenge, but we camped up by the dam and the boys thought it was the best! Chris and Taite were practicing a lot of football (the high school field is right there and lots of wide open spaces) to which Taite improved tremendously in short time they played. It was good exercise for Taite though because he would come back all sweaty, but happy :~) One day it was raining, but only a mist type of rain, so it was perfect for the boys to play in. They played in it for over an hour and didn't get soaked. They collected rain water from the awnings and Brayton filled any can he could find that wasn't smashed and tried to "sell" the beer and soda rain water. hehe They had bowls and cups to fill and then pour from one thing to another.





I'm not sure what happened to them from being in the rain, but Taite hiked his pants up and started acting like Irkle (sp?) Of course it got a lot of laughs, so Bray had to join in.

Bray's teeth
Today I took Bray to the Orthodontist (as recommended by the dentist) and he told us there really isn't anything to panic about yet. I am very happy that we went because I thought for sure he was going to give us a list of what needed to be done and he told me that now they start monitoring these situations when the kids are smaller and can take proactive approaches to things so everything might just work out in the end and nothing major needs to be done. For right now, he has his two baby eye teeth kind of taking over space that his permanent teeth are trying to come through, so the solution will be to shave off some of the baby eye teeth to make room. He said the shaving isn't a big deal since they are only doing this to baby teeth, but he said he doesn't want to pull them just because they are baby teeth (yeah!!) He also said that we will watch his under bite to see if it evens out when his permanent teeth come in before making adjustments. Now we just have hope things look good again in Jan!

5 comments:

  1. Nice to hear from you. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that bag. You should sell them!

    I have the best idea for pictures of you and Chris! Can you have your mom watch the boys some night for a little bit. It would be in Byron.

    Oh and the boys pictures....hahahahahahaha!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa! Glad to hear you had a great 4th weekend camping and that Lanesboro worked out after all.

    LOVE the bag! It is too cute. You should seriously sell them. I agree with Monica! I can't wait to see what your purse looks like. I know a couple of friends that would definitely buy one...me included :-)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad I have so many "takers" on the bag :) I just spent over an hour and $50 on some material to make a smaller version and if I could sell a few with the extra material I bought, then it would all be worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute bag! Love it! I also love the pictures of the boys! Glad to hear you are having a fun summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Balls! I thought you fell off the planet...make me get a blog to keep people updated and you slack on it now. I need something to read during slow times at work! :) Good job on the bag...you definitely got all the creative genes in the family. And it was nice to hear you didn't slice your arm again while making a bag :)

    ReplyDelete