Thursday, June 25, 2009

Note to self:
When you turn the water on a newly planted tree, write yourself a note to turn it off. Or rather, if your husband asks you if you remembered that you were watering the tree, do NOT reply "Today?"! This implies that you may have had the water on for multiple days and cause unnecessary panic in your husband or significant other. . .

Sewing Machine Shopping
Today I was going to go into town to look at machines and look for shorts for me. Chris had some errands to run so we went while the boys were at the movie UP with Grandma and so no sewing machine shopping was done. In fact, only Chris and Taite got shorts (we shopped at Savers, so I tried on 10 pairs, but ended up with none) and I only found a shirt. I am planning on going to look at machines on Saturday since I can go by myself and take my time. The problem with researching for a machine is that everyone (and I mean everyone) has their personal favorite and all the people I have spoke to like different ones! To complicate matters, there is an embroidery machine on Craigslist for a reasonable price. It's not something I need, but it sure would be nice! The only problem is how would I know I won't be wasting my money if I spent that money for a private party purchase ~ what if something goes wrong. Then I am out all that money and no machine, but the price is desirable for an embroidery option! Ahh, the turmoil I go through over a stupid sewing machine! I just need to keep my focus on finding a quiet, precise machine and then I should be happy :~)

The Boys
So far this week, despite the heat, the boys are getting outside for some exercise. Yesterday I thought I was so smart and brought over the lazer tag because at the office, there are a lot of buildings and such to hide behind (and a lot of running going on!). Well, what I forgot to mention is that the boys should not run through the tall grass. When they came in, Brayton was complaining that his legs itched. . . Good thing we have hydro cortisone at the office!! Actually, their favorite activity is the badminton rackets and birdie, but no net. I'm not even sure if we had a net or if we just got the rackets at a garage sale. Doesn't matter, they love their "tennis" game ~ LOL

1 comment:

  1. The watering the tree part brought me much needed laughter today :) That's my sister! :)

    ReplyDelete