Last Friday we went to the benefit for Axel Johnson. I'll skip over most of the night as Greg thought it was his job to keep my glass full and the night did NOT end well for me. . .
We won some bids on the silent auction though! One thing I got was a nice hoodie from Byron for $10 ~ I'll be happy to wear that one because if I had to guess I'd say they'd get $45 for it! We also won a savings bond. It had a face value of $50 and people were trying to get a deal so when I bid $50 on it, we got it. I don't feel bad because I don't think you should expect a deal at a benefit and the family got the money so all is good because I'm sure the boys will be able to use the bond once it matures!
Vote for Chris & Taite!

Today I finally got a picture of Chris & Taite uploaded on the My Fox 47 website as they are having a father/son look-alike contest. The winners are just determined by the number of votes they receive, so just Google My Fox 47, click on the Father and son thing on the lower right side and then you can click on entries. The only thing that sucks is you have to register to be able to vote. The prizes are REALLY good, so be kind and vote :~)
We had to take a picture of Chris and Brayton too to be fair (but didn't think they'd win in the look-alike contest)

Here is a picture of the bench that we worked on on Memorial weekend. We added the foam and fabric to a board and this sits just inside the door at the office. I still think it needs throw pillows added. . .

So far the summer vacation is going well. On Monday we spent most of the day getting the boys all set up in their own office at the NI Midstar office ;-) Aaannnd yesterday ~ Chris had to order some memory for Brayton's computer because it's so old you can't buy the memory at the store anymore. It's sooooo slow!! He gets frustrated some, but is also pretty patient. The only thing it has to do, though, is be able to access Webkinz World on the internet ~ the boys are back into those! (big time!!) We've made them have designated exercise times in the morning and afternoons so they don't get shelf-butt. hehe
On Saturday night Chris and I went out for dinner to celebrate our 11th Anniversary. I still wasn't feeling too hot, so I didn't eat much and we grabbed a few groceries before heading home in time to watch the movie the boys were going to watch in our absence! LOL We are getting too old. . .
On Sunday we worked on getting the lockers just so (adding hooks, taking the top off to add a shelf, etc.) and that corner of the garage looks sooo nice now!



Love the garage. That is sooo awesome. I can't wait to come out. What does next week look like for you?
ReplyDeleteNext week is our busy week of the summer. Taite has classes in the morning and they both have swimming lessons in the afternoon. To top that off, Chris will be on a business trip most of the week. I don't know what you were thinking of doing, but let me know, we might be ready for an adventure :~)
ReplyDelete