Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Okay, here we sit, under the steps

So Chris and I have talked about cleaning out the storage area under the steps just as it's the safest place we can think of in case of severe weather. . . I am home alone and the weather was reported that the severe storm cell was going to be in Rock Dell at 9:25. I cleaned like crazy and have a makeshift safety shelter cleared for the boys and I. My biggest challenge was waking the boys enough to get them out of their beds. I could hear the storm outside as I was in their rooms. . . Chris will be proud, though because I am doing as he asked before he left in case there was bad weather.

So, anyway, back to our grocery shopping trip. The boys were my helpers by finding groceries, the list and coupons. They enjoyed it and it certainly helped me out! I forgot the list in the truck so Taite went to get it for me and I stressed that he could NOT lock the keys in the truck. Brayton was all stressed the whole time Taite was gone: What if he locks the keys in the truck? (we call grandma for help) What if he doesn't lock the truck when he comes back? (not a big deal) What if he locks the keys in the truck???? hehe

I sent the boys to find milk chocolate chips and butterscotch chips which would be in the baking aisle as I got some tomatoes. I got a few tomatoes, went to the baking aisle and no boys. . . I circled back through the produce and still didn't see them, then I went around the other end of the aisles and the boys were back in the candy aisle (I had already gotten Dove chocolates with caramel so they were looking there). I redirected them (after a sigh of relief) and we found the rest of our groceries. I love it as they get older and even if they don't want to go to town, they don't whine and make the whole trip miserable! In fact, we had a lesson on saving money (Target's chips vs. Nestle saved us $1 per bag) and gets them introduced to some things that they normally don't have to think about :~) It was fun, but we hurried along because when Taite went outside to get the list, it was raining and thundering and he is his father's son!

We are listening to the damage that's been done in Austin was headed to Hayfield and east from there. The storm that was headed towards us I think might have come from there, or else it was the one that started in Claremont, went through Dodge Center, Kasson and then went south of Byron (lucky us!) Taite is okay with staying in our little shelter for an extra 1/2 hour just to be safe. I didn't hear any loud noises and have my laptop, so we'll humor him and maybe he can rest a little. After all he is snuggled up with his dog which he can't do in his loft. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment