Monday, June 1, 2009

The Countdown Begins



Today we had a slow start ~ Taite said he woke up in the night so he had 15 minutes to eat, get dressed, do allergy meds and brush his teeth. I woke Brayton up and asked if he wanted to wear something special for his end of the year program. That perked him up because he had forgotten and he was even more excited that we were coming! For the special day, they each wrote a story and read it to everyone. All the kids were so very nervous and I'm sure their stories were quite good, but it was just difficult to understand! I have typed what Brayton's story said below the video.


The Magic Cube
by: Brayton
One day at my house there was a magic cube. The magic cube gave me every thing I wished for. But one day it broke. then I couldn't make anymore wishes so I went to a wood shop they fixed it. Then one day it bro (new line) ke again so I went to a big fox so he could fix it. But I'm not silly, so when I got to him he fixed it, I grabbed it and I ran away.
by Brayton (I didn't correct the grammatical errors) :~)
Taite has been lounging around tonight with a headache. When we picked him up from school (because Bray's program didn't go the whole day, we could take Taite home early with us) he was with his class playing kick-ball in a field of weeds and dandelions! We are thinking that's why he has a headache because his nose is stuffed up.

The boys are already asking when we can go to the pool after school is out. . . Um, I don't like going to the pool! I would much rather keep my clothes on! So, I am reminding them that they have swimming lessons starting on the 15th and that should tide them over (no pun intended LOL) for a little while. They only have 3 days left and on Thursday Taite's class is going to DQ and next year he'll get to go swimming (something the 4th graders get to do on the last day of school). Brayton's class is going to a park in Dodge Center on the morning of the 3rd. I'm not sure why they go to school on this last week of school . . . :~) Probably just one last hurrah before summer and they won't see their friends as often! Tomorrow they get to find out who their teacher is and what kids are in their class and I LOVE that they don't have to wait the whole summer to find out! Chris, in true 'dad' fashion, told them to figure out who would be the worst teacher and plan on getting them so if they got someone else, then they'd be happy about it. . . GEEZ!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment