Today was the last day of school! Brayton was invited to a friend's house and to go swimming so I decided to get my work done and would pick Taite up so we could do something special because it's rarely just the two of us. Since Bray wasn't going to be home until 7 tonight, I had a few things planned.
When I picked Taite up, I asked if he was sad that he wasn't going to see all of the teachers wave goodbye (they all line up along the sidewalk and as the buses pull out, they all wave) which was the wrong thing to ask. . . There were more tears about the end of the school year. I was grasping for things to get him distracted and so I asked him what he'd like to do that would be special. I had planned on going out to eat somewhere, but beyond that just shopping I needed to get done. He couldn't come up with anything, so I said I had thought of bowling, but it was such a beautiful day that I hated to spend it inside. We decided on miniature golf.
I desperately needed a haircut and tried the new person that Monica recommended to me at Great Clips. I called to make sure Sharon was working today and she was until 5 ~ no problem, we'd be there about 3. Well, we got there at 3 (they don't take appts.) and she had just left for lunch (only working until 5??) and was running errands so I should stop back in an hour. Okay, so this is a good time to go miniature golfing I guess. It was not busy at all and we did have fun. I was surprised at how hot it was in the sun! I think Taite added up his score and he had like 120 ~ I had to explain to him that this was NOT like bowling, you want the least amount of hits in golf :~)
After golf, I got my hair cut, but didn't sign in quite right (I thought I was on the list because the lady took my name and number the first time I was there) so that ended up taking 1 hour and 15 minutes. She did an okay job, but I'm glad I didn't have much in the line of products in my hair because they just wet your hair with a spray bottle. I forgot they do that at some places. Next Taite and I went to HyVee for groceries. It was not a good time to grocery shop. There were a ton of people and mostly slow people and that wasn't exclusive of the customers. . . We high-tailed it out of there and swung into TJ for a quick search ~ Taite needed more socks. I have never seen someone go through socks like he does!! We swung through Arby's and were on our way home. That wasn't exactly the type of dining I had envisioned, but my haircut took way more time than I had planned on! I got home in time to start on the lawn a little before Bray was to get home and finished in record time, I do believe AND I had to stop once to clean out under the deck of the mower. It seemed to be shooting way too much dust out the front (my eyes feel like they have sandpaper on my lids). As I am ready for bed now, I have all the bathrooms done and the bed made up for Carmen to visit tomorrow. Not bad, if I do say so myself.
Today I had 2 people comment on my purse (one that I made similar to the ones I made for the benefit tomorrow night) and the one lady asked if I've ever thought of making them for a living. . . I told her there would be 2 for sale at the benefit tomorrow at the Kahler. :~)
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment