Wednesday, June 17, 2009

More swimming lessons

The week of swimming lessons, the boys can only talk about swimming lessons. If they aren't having swimming lessons, they are planning what they are going to do at lessons! Brayton even said he likes to swim better with Tony telling him what to do instead of just swimming and being able to do whatever you want!

This video I filmed so Taite could watch it and maybe be able to improve (kind of like sports teams use). I laugh when I watch him swimming the Elementary Back Stroke ~ he looks like a raccoon (his goggles) doing a frog swimming impression :~)



I try to record when they are having a break from lessons and I don't always have the camera ready in time. We are planning on camping at a campground with a pool this weekend! It will give the boys a chance to practice their skills ~ I wish they could practice all summer and then have lessons at the end of summer, but once a summer is enough for the checkbook :~)




I told Chris that I was impressed with both boys' ability to do the front crawl using rhythmic breathing ~ I can't do that!! Chris didn't even know what it was and once I explained, he was impressed too :~)

Taite's classes
Taite said his classes were kind of boring (after the first day), okay with some of his friends in his classes (after yesterday ~ his pen pal from 2nd grade is in one of his classes, he made a friend with a boy from Stewartville and a classmate from Byron is in one of his classes) and today he said once he gets to his second class the day is really improving. I think he is most disappointed by the CSI class, though and I'm not sure what he was expecting. They do mostly science experiment type stuff. Today they used baking soda and vinegar (Brayton was intrigued). He really likes his All Aboard the Orient Express class because they do crafts ~ who knew??? I give him grief saying I'm sure he likes that class just because they get to eat food from the Orient :~)

The first day of their CSI class they were supposed to "solve a crime" using tennis shoe prints, but the teacher thought someone had stolen her digital camera out of her car. Brayton didn't understand why they didn't use their CSI skills and try to figure out who stole the camera. Taite thought that was a good point, but didn't have an answer.

Brayton keeps busy while Taite is in class playing online for his new Webkinz. He and Taite both insisted on buying a new one because their other ones expire in a month ~ Once they register them online, they are only good for 1 year. . .

FUNNY
If you listen to the radio, listen for the new Diet Pepsi commercial ~ I laugh every time I hear it! It talks about women as not thinking they are better than everyone else because they correct them, it should be looked at as being unselfish with their knowledge of what everyone else is doing wrong! It will definitely make you laugh ~ hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment