So, last night was sad for me as I learned that Jon & Kate are getting divorced. I don't watch the news because it is too depressing, so I was probably the last to know and Chris said he didn't blame Jon, but I still think it's sad. For those of you who don't know Jon & Kate (I personally don't either), they have a reality show on TLC called Jon & Kate Plus 8. They have twin girls who are 8 and sextuplets who are 5. Kate is not anyone's favorite because everyone talked about how mean she was to Jon and sometimes I would have to admit that what she was going off on was stupid, but he never once stuck up for himself. He finally is and it's to say "I'm walking away". Everyone has their own opinion about them and their situation, I just think it's sad. . .
Last weekend when we went garage saling, one of the things I found were these super cute dog (pet) dishes.
They are ceramic and the small one actually has a cat on the bottom, so that's why we use it for food ~ it's usually covered up and it holds a smaller amount. Perfect for our chubby little pup who did great on her first camping trip, by the way! Our food bill goes way down whenever she is somewhere new. She doesn't relax very well and it wasn't until Saturday night and Sunday morning that she finally finished a bowl of food. She didn't bark too much (except when we left the camper, but we laid the bark collar outside her kennel and we're sure that helped ~ a little inside camping humor!) :~) She even did well when we would meet other dogs who were very "barky" when we were walking. It was great!
They are ceramic and the small one actually has a cat on the bottom, so that's why we use it for food ~ it's usually covered up and it holds a smaller amount. Perfect for our chubby little pup who did great on her first camping trip, by the way! Our food bill goes way down whenever she is somewhere new. She doesn't relax very well and it wasn't until Saturday night and Sunday morning that she finally finished a bowl of food. She didn't bark too much (except when we left the camper, but we laid the bark collar outside her kennel and we're sure that helped ~ a little inside camping humor!) :~) She even did well when we would meet other dogs who were very "barky" when we were walking. It was great!Here is another picture of one of my favorite things:
My little rose tree was loaded with blossoms when we came home from camping!! I showed it to Bray and he said "Mom, our house is awesome!" Then he said "Oh and look at dad's grass!" Chris has seeded where there once was just dirt from our water line digging to the shed. The grass is coming in nicely which the dog appreciates because apparently, Kentucky Blue Grass is a favorite for Schnauzers. . .
My little rose tree was loaded with blossoms when we came home from camping!! I showed it to Bray and he said "Mom, our house is awesome!" Then he said "Oh and look at dad's grass!" Chris has seeded where there once was just dirt from our water line digging to the shed. The grass is coming in nicely which the dog appreciates because apparently, Kentucky Blue Grass is a favorite for Schnauzers. . .I also had another great find last week ~ this fabric I found in the Variety Store in Kasson. Now this spring when I was trying to find really cute fabric, I couldn't find ANY, but I didn't think to go to Kasson either. . . This fabric is super nice too, soft and is really good quality. All for only $3.99 per yard. Now, if I only had a project to use it on. . .

This brings up my final issue of the day. . . My sewing machine! I hate it and am ready to throw it out the window. On Sunday, Brayton wanted to make a blanket for his Webkinz, Mac. I have a lot of scraps that are perfect for a little blanket for a stuffed dog, so we started our project. It went fine until we almost had the top all done and then my sewing machine started making these huge loops under the fabric. I hastily took apart what I normally have to to clean it out and blew it out with air. I put it back together only to have it continue with this issue. After seeing red, having a blue face and looking at Brayton's panicked expression, we decided to go to Grandma's (my mom's) house to finish. Her machine works like a dream. . . it sews so quietly, sews through folded over seams with ease and is just perfect ~ well, except for the price tag. I don't need the embroidery part, so that is where I can save some money, but I just have a difficult time justifying spending money of that magnitude on myself. I do need something so I can make the purses that Monica is sure we'll be able to sell, so that is kind of my motivation. I just hope I can bite the bullet and follow through. If you have any input on sewing machines, feel free to share. Oh, and I'm also taking donations Hehe :~) Here is what Brayton's blanket ended up looking like ~ he keeps telling me "mom, if you have anything you need to sew, I will help you!" He really thought that was neat to be able to sew! They do have classes at the Sewing Center in Rochester, so I might have to sign him and Taite up, just for something fun and different.




No comments:
Post a Comment