I received my very own Lisa & Stitch credit card today!!! It's a business one from Chase and it looks so cool! :D
Today Brayton brought his report card home. They were supposed to come home on Friday, but due to the unplanned, false fire alarm at the end of the school day, he did not. Taite's came home on Friday and he did very well. Brayton's came home and he did excellent. This made our oldest son a little mad ~ as if he has no control over his grades. . . I tried to explain that in most cases, Taite is thinking ahead and maybe not giving as much thought to what he is doing as he should. He completely disagrees, but we'll see if he can't work at improving his grades (not that they are bad to begin with!). I've tried many times to tell him to "pay attention" so maybe this will turn into a good learning tool.
Speaking of learning tools, both of the boys brought home a sign-up sheet for an extra, week's long of classes they can go to this summer. The classes sound like they would be similar to what the boys got to do when they went to the Engineering thing at the Science museum. The only thing is that it costs $200 for each boy to go ~ the classes are from 9 - 3:30, so the cost isn't so bad. I'm thinking that we should be able to write that amount off next year, shouldn't we? This is a week that is through the school and stuff, so I would think it qualifies, but we'll have to look into that.
Today the boys' had a couple of "firsts". I picked them up from school so they could go with me and the dog to Baby's "spring" vet appt. At this one we get the heart worm testing done and the flea/tick stuff. They had never been to one and thought it was rather boring. :D The only excitement was they had an x-ray up for people to guess how many bladder stones were in the bladder on the x-ray. If you guessed correctly, you could win a bag of dog food. When Bray was filling out his guess (we all 3 filled one out, each with different guesses) the "house" cat, sat right in front of him and laid down her tail ~ right in Bray's face (think higher counter top like at a vets office ~ perfect height for Bray's face)! We laughed and the lady working commented that she must feel comfortable with him to turn her back on him ~ hadn't thought of that!
The second "first" was "lunch in the field". After the vet appt., we went to the office and the boys wanted to walk to mom & dad's through the field drive. Of course I said they could and almost right after they left, Chris and I decided to go look at a couple of landscaping pieces we might need for our yard projects. I went to pick the boys up from Grandma & Grandpa's and of course they weren't ready to go~ they'd JUST got there! Mom said they could stay for supper and since dad is planting, they had a picnic in the car eating supper with Grandpa! They thought that was great fun and asked Chris if he'd ever got to do that ~ of course, many times! :~)
Next time I'll remember. . .
when Taite is giving the dog a bath, I'll tell him the bright pink and grass green towels on the floor are for drying the dog off with ~ NOT my bath towels hanging up on the towel bar! (I'm just glad I noticed before I'd used that towel again!)
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment