Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Is yesterday over yet?

Do you ever have those parent moments where you see what everyone else has done for their kids and you didn't? Yesterday I spent a lot of time thinking I was a failure. Why, you ask? My boys didn't have an Easter Egg Hunt, nor did they even get to color Easter Eggs! It was a beautiful day for an Easter Egg Hunt, but I didn't buy colorful plastic eggs, nor did I buy anything to put in these wonderfully springy plastic eggs. You see my whole focus was on getting the laundry done before we left, remembering the candy, cap guns & ammo, ear phones for the DS lites, gift bags (needed something flat for packing reasons) and tissue paper for prettiness. I was side-tracked when on the way over to SD, I looked back and Taite had ear phones in while playing his DS. . . Yes, Santa apparently brought those for Christmas! CRAP! Now, what to get. . . So, part of my Saturday shopping trip was spent trying to "replace" the ear things! I found boxers, small cans of pop and small cans of Pringles as replacements. They were never the wiser, however, while I was out, I could've easily picked up eggs. The boys were thrilled with their cap guns and almost as excited about their boxers, but still, they could've had a "perfect Easter" if I'd have done my part. Why do we, as parents, feel that everything has to be perfect? I mean, I know how to make sure they have clothes to wear, food to eat and such, so why do the "extras" have to be perfect for me to feel like a good parent?

Well, I'm all caught up on my work after having been gone 1/2 of Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of last week. It helps that I can send emails and get some things done while I'm gone! Oh, and I got the laundry all caught up again too ~ yea me!

I'm a little tired today as I didn't get to bed until 1. For some reason it's harder to recover from that when my time was spent sewing verses when we are having fun with friends ~ hmmm, sounds like it should be government study to me. LOL! The MIL purse (as it's been lovingly called at our house and blog) is finally complete! It took me some time (sewing, taking apart, more sewing and taking apart) but the monogram was my idea and I needed it to stand out, I was just having trouble getting it to "work" with the little squares I had used on the rest of the bag. I like the finished product, it just took some time to get there.

I had 3 projects to do in my sewing room last night and I completed 2 1/2. It did not look good to start however. I needed to take my machine apart (again!) and clean it out because it was acting up. I found a piece that has oil on it and after I had cleaned off all the lint, thought it could use more oil. Finding the oil lead to cleaning and organizing my "stuff" in the sewing room. I rearranged, put away, organized and never did find the oil. So, I went to sewing and THEN found the oil in a basket I'd pulled out. That didn't really do the trick on my machine, so I guess I'll just have to take it in. I did sew part of my Thangles squares (block of the month) and I sewed the edges on all the pieces of fabric that Bray's teacher sent home so that was alllll good! Oh, and I forgot to mention that I needed to come up with a tag or some type of label that said I made this purse (request of the customer) and that took me a little time too, to figure out. I think the end result is pretty good considering the whole thing of ribbon cost me $2 and on custom tag websites, they want $2 per tag! Add a little learning time and voila ~
Oh, and speaking of my purses. . . while we were gone, the affidavit came that says I can "officially" call my business 'Lisa & Stitch' ~ YEAH!!! We ran the ad in the Post Bulletin (yes, we paid up) and no one contested the use of the name (I still would really like to know how long that one has been on the books. . . ), so it's mine for 6 years or 8 years or 10 years, I can't remember :~D
I gotta go get more coffee. . .

2 comments:

  1. Love that purse! So cute. Thanks for sending that email to me yesterday. There is something incredible about having another photographer like my work:-) Sorry I did not email you back. Matthew was home sick and I actually got a lot more work done...not having to jet off to car pool I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, also...don't feel bad. I think it is the grass is greener thing. I feel bad that all we did was eggs and a tiny hunt. I wanted to go somewhere but it never worked out...just the way life is I guess.

    ReplyDelete