Thursday, April 22, 2010

Oh, that's life!

We've been enjoying the great outdoors lately and looked at getting a new umbrella for the deck. I think we might have finally found one for just $110 at Sam's Club ~ it's 10' wide and tilts so it should work perfectly for our deck, even if it's raining!

Brayton's poor face is all dry and scaly kind of because of his allergies! Sometimes if he's played in the grass, his face will get bumpy and not really welty because it's not red and raised, but around his eyes and nose it will be "different". Well now, that must've gone on for too long because now it's really dried out and looks scaly. I put lotion on this morning to help him out a little.

Taite casually mentioned to Chris tonight that today at school he was playing football, got hit in the nose and blacked out for a little bit! He went to the nurse and got ice, but didn't bother to tell her that he'd blacked out. . . Tonight, I think a combination of getting hit in the nose and allergies made him sound like he was holding his nose closed when he would talk. When he asked if he could soak in the tub after his shower of course we agreed!

Well, I have to take my machine in tomorrow for service. It's been squeaking lately and tonight after I cleaned it all up and blew out the lint, it didn't sew for crap! Chris came and looked at it, took it apart, put it back together (multiply this process by 3-5 times ~ I left to do other things) and finally figured out there is a part that grabs the bobbin thread to complete the stitch that doesn't move. The wheel it's on functions okay, but there are wires going to it so that must be the problem. Hopefully I'll know tomorrow for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment