Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Busy weekend!

We went back to Wessington for Easter since the boys didn't have school Thurs, Fri, and Monday. We came back Monday for many reasons, but picked up the boys early on Wednesday so we could make it there before 10 pm!

Wednesday:
We weren't on the road an hour, I don't think, when we heard the first "Are we almost there?" from the back seat. We picked up groceries in Huron (it's difficult to drop in on one person and not have groceries to contribute) and met Carmen at her house in Wolsey (she was out for a walk). We met Tyson and he had a few smiles for us (he kind of keeps them to himself) and when he smiles, he has these cute ~ not really dimples, but indents ~ that make his smile "super" cute! We dropped in on Rick and Hiddy (they said they were just sitting around, but their pizza was still on the table. . .) and had a quick "hi/bye" because we had NOT eaten yet and it was around 7:30! We were all starving! :~) Ken made it home about 8 or 8:30, so we had the house to ourselves for a little while.

Thursday:
I watched Tyson and Chris and the boys went with Ken to the "Farm" (Ken's mom and his brother live on the farm and his other brother and nephew and brother that live there all run the farm). They were raising a pole shed and at a critical point so Chris helped with that and I'm not quite sure what the boys did, but they were dirty when they came home! Dirt sitting inside their ears, dirty!! Chris and I cleaned the boys up and after supper went to visit Chris' high school friend, Joe and his wife Lisa (the boys didn't come because it was 8 when we left and they were in their PJ's ~ they watched the Blind Side with Grandpa). Before we knew it, it was 1 am (this tends to happen with us when we get together with Joe & Lisa!) and the 5 hours at their house went much faster than the 5 hours in the van the day before!

Friday:
Family picture day! We were excited to have a chance to get a picture that we could replace the "family" picture we have on the shelf at my mom & dad's because that was taken when I was pregnant with Brayton. . . Check out the sneak peek from the photo shoot here: parmelyphotography.com/blog I can't wait to see the rest of them! After the photo shoot, we all got together at Ken's house for supper. A good time was had by all!

Saturday:
Chris and Ken went to work on the shed again and Carmen picked up the boys after she'd gone to a funeral, so I was all alone. I decided to shop in Miller. It's closer than Huron and a bit smaller, but I enjoyed it! Lisa had said there is a cute coffee shop in town and I happened to come upon it and was thrilled I did! I cost me some money, but I figure in this economy, we have to spread our wealth ~ LOL!!! (I'm not sure what excuse I'll use when the economy is better. . .)

Sunday:
The Easter Bunny brought the boys candy, cap guns and boxers. They were thrilled as they had never seen a cap gun before! Taite was concerned that it looked plugged at the end of the gun, but I finally got it through his head that they didn't shoot anything! For dinner/lunch, we were invited to Chris' uncle's house and we left there about 4, so it was kind of a late night when we got home.

Monday:
Our nephew's daycare is closed all this week, so my mom watched the twins yesterday. I stopped over in the morning to pick up my work files and the boys came with to get their Easter gifts from Grandma. Needless to say, she was keeping them so all 4 boys could play together. I don't remember how many times she told me later that day about how they all played so well together. . . It was neat how that all worked out because normally our boys would be in school and they wouldn't get to spend the time together with L&M. The twins had been asking about T&B on Easter :~)

No comments:

Post a Comment