Saturday, April 24, 2010

Update

Last night we had a little excitement/drama in our house. All I can say is that it's a good thing the boys don't get injured very often because Chris and I do not agree on how to handle something when it does happen. Chris and I were cleaning up from supper when we heard a loud "bang" from downstairs. The boys were supposed to be cleaning up their rooms. . .

Chris went to check on things because we didn't hear anything after that ~ no yelling, crying, etc. Next thing they come rushing up the stairs, the boys are crying and Chris is swearing, asking them what the hell happened. Taite's head was bleeding. Now in situations like this, I like to remain calm. Chris, on the other hand, thought it was best to scare the boys even more than they were already. . . He said there was blood all over Brayton's room, Taite was worried he had to get stitches, started crying more when we said he might, Brayton cried harder because his brother was injured, so I didn't believe that an "unglued" adult was necessary in this situation :) I was ordered to clean up the "blood all over Brayton's carpet" because Chris knew how to handle boys as he once was one. . . I had to search a little bit to find the blood all over the floor and NO, I had not had too much to drink, my husband had just exaggerated a smidgen! Thankfully Norwex rags helped clean up the blood with just a little water and I headed back upstairs. The boys were calmed down and things seemed okay. Chris assured me that the same type of thing happened to him and his brother and it was his mother freaking out that reminded him they shouldn't screw around. I, on the other hand, thought the boys had punished themselves enough which was evident in their continuous crying! We have all survived and Taite slept on the floor in the living room next to the dog last night so he would be worry free (he thought he'd lost a pint of blood, then maybe a cup if not a pint!) He was wrong on both guesses.

Today we had nothing planned until Chris' friend Joe called to see if we'd mind looking at some cattle near here for him (it's a 7 hour drive to the cattle for Joe, so if we could preview them he wouldn't waste his time in case they were bad). We were game so we jumped in the truck, enjoyed lunch at the Pizza Ranch and messed around this afternoon. Kind of nice not to be in a hurry for anything!

Yesterday I took my sewing machine in and it's all better now!! No cost ~ even better!!! Today, I got an email to make a camera bag (someone had seen one I'd made at school), so, even better! Now that my machine is fixed, I need to finish some other projects first before I make the camera bag though!

I ordered a new refrigerator yesterday! No, there was nothing wrong with our current one, which is what made the purchase so time consuming ~ trying to decide if we should and knowing we had to make a decision by today. See, Sears had their Energy Efficient appliances 30% off and the one we were looking at fell into that category and had ice and water in the door. We have to do a little modification to the kitchen cabinets, but we already have the bigger above the fridge cabinet, so nothing too dramatic needs to be done. Our goal is to turn off the fridge in the garage and with the "old" van money, we decided to get the fridge. The boys and I are super excited to have water and ice so easily accessible ~ I'm hoping to drink more water because of it!! We also have the option to sell a fridge on CL and get a little money that way. Speaking of selling things on CL, Chris has been in the shed for awhile getting his tractor cab ready to sell and I haven't heard from him, so I better go check!!

No comments:

Post a Comment