Last weekend there was a little celebrating at Grandpa Ken's house with cake and gifts and stuff.
This Friday, Brayton's actual birthday, the boys had the day off from school and it was BEAUTIFUL!!! We all enjoyed Brayton's new pitching machine and he didn't even want to go out to eat for his birthday, so we grilled hot dogs. Here are a couple baseball pics (not sure why I don't have one of the birthday boy! We all took turns and even had a batting competition)
Swing and a miss (dang that machine is good!)
And another swing and a miss! Yes, some do actually get hit!
Brayton was as happy as he could be ~ commenting on his best year of his life (not calendar year because last Christmas was included)!
Bray got the new Wimpy Kid book (about how the movie was made).
Brayton also got a human body simulator with organs and everything that comes apart and shows him how to put it back together, with facts and interesting things in the book about the body. When we weren't outside on Friday, he was performing surgery on his "guy". We now joke about how he does brain surgery (yes, the skull comes apart and inside is a small pink mass in the shape of a brain) ~ first you take the head off. . . not sure how that works ;D He can joke about his surgeon skills, but gets very upset if you can't put the "guy" back together just perfectly!!! My advice: DON'T TOUCH IT! :D
I survived another kid birthday party (Chris even had to participate and he learned why I HATE these. . . but endure them) and we had the family birthday party on Saturday night. The pitching machine was brought out and a lot of fun was had by all! We had batters, catchers, outfielders, even cheerleaders! Our boys especially liked that their uncle Jeremy joined in and was smiling!!! Neither of them could remember a time that they'd ever seen Jeremy smile that much :~) Guess we'll have to go to their house to try out the twins' new pitching machine ~ it's the smaller version for 3+ year olds!
This year, I got some trick candles and here is the video. I apologize for the shakiness of it ~ I was laughing quite hard!!!
The tired boys after all that blowing! Jeremy had just asked them if they needed to go take a nap:
Taite and Landen hanging out on the couch. I have a picture where Taite's eyes are open, but the picture is all fuzzy, of course!
The boys watching a little TV, hanging out under the quilt that Great Grandma made Brayton for his birthday!
Tonight we had a "moment". Chris and I had a dinner to attend put on by our financial planner and that's not so out of the ordinary, but my mom and dad were going too. We figured the boys would think nothing of it because they would rather stay home on say, a Saturday, than go with us, but for some reason, they were not comfortable staying home tonight. Our solution was simple. My aunt Sandy lives just down the road from us and I gave the boys her phone number in case they needed something ASAP and we would be on our way if anything happened as well. Needless to say, nothing happened and Brayton even went to bed as directed ~ at 7:30 and took his allergy pill! He didn't go to school today because when he woke up, his nose was visibly swollen from his allergies, eyes were blood shot and he had a sore throat. Thankfully, we have not had to use any inhaled medications so we are grateful for that!!! Our on-call babysitter worked perfectly and no incident transpired! I am now going to bed and will dress a little warmer as Chris has started sleeping with the window open and last night was just a little bit chilly, so I was very tired today. . . GOOD NIGHT!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment