Monday, March 29, 2010

Dang it!

This morning Bray had an ortho appt., so to fill the time, I typed up a whole blog and thought the little computer would save it ~ it didn't!

I used all my creative juices on that one, so this will be boring and short :~)

Brayton:
Sent out B-day invites to his friends and family. Can't believe he's 8 already! Seems like just yesterday they gave me too much morphine and they told Chris to watch me to make sure I didn't quit breathing. . .

Got the appliance out today ~ YEAH!!! Now, it's just a thin wire that is shaped kind of like a 'U' that he has to keep in for about a year (that will be a nice Birthday present for next year!)

Chris:
The grill he got for his birthday didn't heat up well at all! Returned it yesterday. New plan: fix our old grill (he added pieces of leftover shed tin to block some of the many air vents and tried to scrape off the porcelain that is covering the cast iron grate, but it only comes off when it wants, apparently!) ~ so far so good! Old grill heats up to 400 degrees in 10 minutes ~ Chris is excited hehe

Taite:
Got in trouble at school on Friday for hitting another boy in the stomach ~ it was a forearm to the stomach and the other kid instigated the whole thing. We didn't feel bad for Taite's reaction (we did discuss not hitting him until they are in the corner of the playground ~ JUST KIDDING!!!) and he knows he has to try and control that (up until Friday, he only hit his brother when he got mad). Taite being Taite, he was most upset because he thought he was going to ruin his dad's birthday. So much so that he even told the Principal and his teacher his concerns. We celebrated as planned, but Taite was still concerned about going to school today because he is sure that the Spanish teacher doesn't like him anymore. He cried a little before leaving today, made me sad, but Chris told him if he feels so badly about it, he needs to apologize to Mrs. Romence for misbehaving in her classroom.
Me:
Nothing much new ~ still working on the MIL purse and I have to say (I know, I say this often) that I'm quite proud of how it's turning out! The back of the purse is patchwork squares and the front is a monogrammed 'J' and then I did some fancy stitching around it and it's oh, so pretty. I just hope Randy likes it (she's the one who's ordering it for her mother-in-law)! Maybe I should email her pictures to make sure she likes it before I finish the whole thing!

1 comment:

  1. you should be proud. Everyone turns out cuter than the last. I did mention your camera bags on my photography forum. There was a thread about what camera bag do you use. I explained mine and that my friend made one. I added that I told you to sell them but that they would have to be around $80.00. We can see if anyone bites:-)

    ReplyDelete