Sunday Taite informed me that he is the student of the week, but forgot the binder at school with all the info in it . . . (that's our Taite!)
So, on Monday night we were trying to gather the items he needed and one thing was about 10 pictures of friends and family. We looked on my computer and I came across the picture of my arm after I had cut it with the rotary cutter. Taite was grossed out and didn't want to look at it and then he says "Ooohhh, aren't you tough? Getting injured sewing!" (little brat) ;~)
Last night I had a "Bullet Baked Beans" moment. What is a "Bullet Baked Bean"? Well, when I was growing up, one supper, my mom had made baked beans and I'm not sure if she soaked the beans before hand (these were wayyyy from scratch) or if the recipe didn't call for soaking, but they somewhat resembled bullets! Of course we laugh about it now (not sure if we did then or not, but what else could you do??). Wellllll, last night I wanted to have the Cheddar wurst that I'd picked up at the grocery store and I had to make the buns in about 45 minutes. Apparently, it's not a good idea to try and get your buns to rise in a 350 degree oven (just trying to speed things along). They were quite flat, short and hard. Brayton had to skip the bun altogether, but the rest of us pretended we were eating the turkey from National Lampoons Christmas Vacation (head jerks and all) because, really, what more could we do?? :~) I heard stories of other cooks who get mad when something they make flops and others comment on it only to have the whole works end up in the yard. I'm sure if the moment were just so, that might happen at our house, but until then, I'm content to just laugh about it!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment