I got started on the "dog" purse. The main fabric I had showed a few different dog "scenes" and I was anxious to get started on my "vision". Here it is:
This is only one side of the bag and I think it is TOTALLY ADORABLE!!! The woman who ordered it thinks so too! Now I just have to get the ambition to sew tonight. . .
I had to drop off our taxes today at the accountants office, make a return at Target and make a return at JoAnn's. It was not my day (thank goodness I only had 3 stops). The first stop went well (all I had to do was drop off the envelope and tell the receptionist it went to "Lance" ~ as far as I know it all went well ~ I'm not asking!). Then I went to Target to return a dress that I'd ordered online. This should be a lesson to never put things in a "cart" online and then come back weeks later and buy it. When the dress showed up, it was not at all what I thought I'd ordered. It was okay when on, but there is something about a halter dress with big ties in the back of my neck. I took all the paperwork that came with the dress (of course it had no tags) and printed off my order confirmation with me to Target. Well, none of that was worth anything. I was pointed in the direction of some generic computers and told they well prompt you through it. The very first screen wanted to know if I wanted to shop Target.com, look up registry's, update my registry, etc. Nothing about printing a receipt from my online order. I finally got frustrated enough that I asked the lady again where I was supposed to go ~ shopping at target.com (NOT what I wanted, but anyway). I tapped on that (it was a touch screen) and of course it takes me to a girls bike! Needless to say (more huffing. . . from me) I was hitting the screen and trying to find something that looked like it would get me to receipts (yes, I did a search on the Target.com website and nothing) and finally found the "help" button. It brought up "print a receipt for my online order" ~ YEA!!! Noooo. . . It wanted me to log-in on Target.com, but if you can't remember your password, it wants you to reset it! UGH! I don't know that info! I've only ordered like twice on Target.com. I finally went back to the customer service desk and asked the lady where was the station that I could print my receipt with the credit card I used!!! They have a big sign for that right when you come in. Well, guess what. . . SHE DOES THAT!!!! She couldn't think to ask me that before??? It was an online order so a credit card and a gift card were my only options!! She is just lucky she was on the other side of the big red counter. . .
For supper, we were supposed to grill something (Taite's teacher sent out a list of "homework" for the night and throwing a ball to your child(ren), grilling something, picking up dog poo, were just a few of the things :D ~ basically to enjoy the beautiful weather!) so I picked up hamburger, onion, tomato, lettuce, and buns. On the radio today they kept advertising these tomatoes that are locally grown and now available at Target ~ they are picked when they are ripe, not when they are green and ripen as they are transported! How good does that sound??? How BAD does $4 for 3 small tomatoes sound?? Lucky me, I accidentally picked up these advertised tomatoes that were laying in the wrong place so instead of $2.99 for 3 tomatoes, I paid $3.99 for the ones that are grown only an hour away. . .
Now, onto my return at JoAnn's (things can't get any worse, can they??) Oh, yeah, they can! What I was returning was a whole bolt of the interfacing that I use inside my purses ~ I had a 40% off coupon and figured this will last, so I might as well get a bunch and then I don't have to run to the fabric store every few purses. The "computer" (not the cashier who was hitting buttons. . . ) took the discounted amount (that I should've been returned) and subtracted the discount amount again and only refunded that last number (ex: $58 was sale price after the 40% off, $38 was the discounted amount from $97 minus some change, so today my total refund was $19 ~ 58-38) I was glad I only had those two returns because my blood pressure was about a bazillion over a trillion! On my way to pick up wine at Apollo (YES, I needed it!) I even passed a car going 15 mph on the frontage road! I made it home in one piece, the burgers were tremendous! I do have to admit the tomatoes were very tasty and the ketchup and mustard all over my hands was good too. So, to relax, I sat with Brayton on our bed, while he read. I could spend all my time sewing, but why? I can sew less, make a little money and still spend time with our family ~ life is good. . .

No comments:
Post a Comment