Today is Chris' birthday and I did end up getting him a grill for it! We happened to be in Kohl's on Wednesday and found a little Cuisinart tabletop grill that has the thermometer on it and the cast iron grate he wanted for like $125! It's going to be too small when the boys are in high school, but at least we won't have spent close to 3 times the price for something that rusts out and we have to replace in that time too. Chris was just disappointed that it didn't come with the fish tray because some reviews on the Internet said it did. Oh well, maybe we'll get him that for Father's Day ~ hehe :D
While Bray and I were waiting for Chris to come out of the bedroom (we were going to sing 'Happy Birthday') Brayton wrote him a song:
"Happy Birthday to me,
I'm 103,
I still go to Preschool,
and I miss my daddy!"
OMG ~ can you believe it? I can't hardly write a poem when I have all day to and he wrote this in a few minutes ~ too funny!!!
He also wrote Chris a little note yesterday and gave him a sucker he had, but left it on my side of the bed (he did all this while he was getting ready for school!). Then as we were waiting for the bus, he asked "are you going to make your bed today?" (this has been kind of an issue with him as he likes how our bed looks because we make the bed now every day and he was going to sleep on top of his covers so his bed looked like ours every day LOL) so I thought nothing of his question until I went and saw his little note:
Happy B-day
I hope you have the best one ever!
Love, Brayton (how sweet???)
Taite just came upstairs this morning and was surprised the grill was sitting in the box on the island because he thought we were still trying keep it a secret from Chris and then he remembered it was his Birthday today! It was funny because he was kind of speechless as he stood there and stared at the box ~ I don't know if he was trying to figure out how to hide it or deciding if I'd lost my mind. . .
Yesterday mom & I went on my first (her second) Quilt Shop Hop. It's where you get a card to have stamped at the participating quilt shops and we thought they'd have specials. What they did have was either chocolates or cookies at each shop and if you weren't going to make the quilt they all had packs of strips for then you just had to hope you won the final drawing prize at the end of the 3 days. It was kind of disappointing, but we did share a bunch of laughs and it was not rainy and gloomy (it was blustery) so still not a wasted day! Besides, my mom got to spend some quality time with her favorite daughter (hehehe!) We did get to pick out and buy the fabric for finishing the quilts for the quilt block of the month we are participating in. OH, and I forgot, I bought (well mom and I shared the $2 price) for a new bag pattern! It's super cute and I got fabric for that too, but have to finish the MIL purse (as it's been tagged) I'm working on first! The cool thing about this new bag pattern is that it's made from "oil cloth" I think they called it. The one side is kind of shiny and plasticy, but not stiff like plastic. It's a perfect take anywhere bag because you can wipe off the outside! I'll post pics when I finish it!
Well, I can't think of what else you've been missing in our lives, so I'll sign off and will let you know if I think of something!
Okay, I just had to post this picture. This is the '2' shirt I made for Taite's 1st Grade Teacher's son (follow me there?), Liam. I wanted to have a picture of someone who it would fit, wearing it. She said he loves his new shirt and walked around all day pointing to it saying "2, 2!" Don't you just love his little fingers in this picture? You can almost hear him saying it. . . LOL I did start on another '2' shirt that is green, but I keep jumping back and forth between projects and just need to finish one sometime! LOL
(Love the drool on the shirt too ~ oh, how I remember those days!!)
+(3).jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment