Here is my new spring/summer bag! I love the colors, hate the zipper. I wanted to try putting one in this style of bag because some people prefer them, but they are just such a pain in the butt and don't turn out very nice! I LOVE the fabrics on this one and the cute details I put on the pockets :D Again, another reason why I try these things on my own stuff. . .
I also shrunk down this pattern a little and used a shorter handle (only because I wanted to use a specific piece of fabric, but it all worked out).
I purchased fabric for some bag orders that I have from my aunt's co-workers. One lady was very specific in what she wanted ~ floral for an older lady, not modern, no magnetic snap ~ only Velcro, and a tag saying it was made by me. WOW! I have to do some searching to find a place that makes labels because I've never had that request before, but I'm thinking I like "sewing Designs by Lisa Heinz" ~ I even have it figured out how I want the layout, but I'm not sure it can be done ("sewing" will be lower case in the upper left, "DESIGNS" will be centered and "by Lisa Heinz" will be smaller on the lower right ~ sounds cute, huh?)
Here are the fabrics I came up with for this bag. My mom said the white on white is too bright, but I kind of like it. I had a HECK of a time finding anything that goes with the shade of tan used! You'd think there would be lots of brown options, but there weren't!
Another lady wants dogs on her purse. I found this material and she loved it! What I'm going to do is cut out the dog "scenes" and then "frame" them individually with strips of fabric, kind of how I have it laid out on in the picture. They had the cutest doggie footprint material to go with this dog fabric. I'll for sure have to post pics of the finished products!
Now, for the bedroom update!!! First, I thought this was cute :D These are the brackets for the closet rods and they looked like smiling faces! I lined them up and told Chris they were cheering him on.
Here is the bed in our bedroom. We had to build a "frame" for the box springs to sit on since our mattress is fairly new and cost a bit, we didn't want to void the warranty or anything because we didn't use the box spring. I, for whatever reason, wanted the bottom of the bed to be 10" off the ground. . . it ended up being very tall!
Here is the framing under that bed.
(Chris is known for "over" constructing things).
Here is a picture of the spacing he made so the box springs can't "go" anywhere and stay exactly where they should ~ I would've never thought of that!
Under the bed ~ this spacing actually works out okay because we can get to the outlets that way. As long as we don't gain too much wait, we can belly slide under the bed. The boys play hide & seek more lately and utilize this space :~) (Please ignore the dust on the floor ~ I was snapping pictures as we went and thought I had the floor pretty clean)
Ta-Da!! I don't have the quilt done for the bed (obviously, it's only been a week!) but we had this king size quilt downstairs and since we don't have a flowery border in here anymore, this orange/brown/tan color scheme works! We also don't have any pillow shams to match, but plain pillowcases work okay for now. The table you see is a corner shelf that Chris is using for a night stand and the berries on top I stole from downstairs. I tried to give the bed the worn look, but the sanding thing was a lot more difficult than I thought! If I did much wood working, I would definitely have to buy a "girl-sized" palm sander. Sometimes it was all I could do to hang onto the dumb thing and then it would get out of control and put a black streak across my white paint! Speaking of the paint ~ it's called Lambswool White. I think I like the name as much as I like the color! hehe
The wall that used to have our dresser on was kind of bare, so I moved this table from the living room and it fits in very nicely! Even Chris is so impressed with how our room turned out AND he likes the laminate floor too! I don't even have "wooly" rugs for either side of the bed yet! His only complaint is that we don't have any pictures hung yet. I want to get that "just right" before we do any hanging. I have an idea of what I want to do, but haven't tackled things yet. We still don't even have pictures in the living room and that's not because we haven't tried. . . We can't find anything to match our wall color!! Who would've thought?

No comments:
Post a Comment