So, last Friday night was the first night we officially got to sleep in our new bed! Of course, as we are just settling down, Chris mentions the height again and I tell him (again) if I can't get into it then I am too fat or too old! My nightstand is a little smaller than I am used to (like the alarm clock takes up a lot of it ~ hehe) and I knocked off our little thing for turning the house alarm on. We were still talking so Chris didn't hear it fall on the floor, but noticed that my voice was lower. He asked what happened, did I fall out of bed (as if the height of our bed would determine if I can stay in it!) so I said 'yes'. "SERIOUSLY?! YOU FELL OUT OF BED?? DID YOU REALLY FALL OUT OF BED?" Okay, at this point I am laughing so hard I can hardly talk while I am trying to get back into bed. . . He thinks I'm hurt is why I sound like I do and am trying to catch my breath. . . Aahhhh, I think I'll laugh about this one for a looonnnggg time! :D
Yesterday Chris had to run to Office Max for a few office supplies and since Saver's is right next to Office Max, I went with him. I wanted to find the boys some spring coats so when they play football in our muddy backyard, I don't have to hurry up and wash their school coats by the next morning! I did find them each a jacket that is fleece lined and kind of wind proof on the outside, so I think they'll be perfect. I also found some pillow shams for our bed! In case you couldn't tell, in the pictures, we were just using solid colored pillow cases from our sheet sets. I found 2 khaki, kind of microfiber pillow shams from The Company Store and one off-white colored . . .(it's the front one in the picture ~ I know, it looks a lot like the one I had on there, except that one was white and you could see the pillow through it so I had to make sure the pillow had a brand new cover on it, this one has it's own "lining", PLUS it was only $.99 with 20% off ~ yes, I use my Saver's coupons when I go there!) I think I'm more excited about my bedroom additions than I am the boys' coats! :~)
Yesterday Taite got the invite in the mail to attend the special summer class for one week the end of June. . . Class runs from June 21 - 25 ~ we leave for Japan on June 26! I was in a little panic until I confirmed when we leave for Japan because Taite was so excited about this that he talked about nothing else last night! I'm so glad it's working out for him! Now, we'll have to squeeze our swimming lessons in there before we go and our summer will be set :~) Oh, wait, did I mention that Chris is already talking about our landscape plans???? YIPEE!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment