So we've been kind of busy lately, but I'm not going to update you on everything at 11:30 at night. Let's just say, with Grandpa in the hospital, Valentines Day coming up, a project ordered and a trip to SD next weekend, I'm feeling overwhelmed! Today was a productive snow day, however. Chris willingly drove the boys and I over to my mom & dad's house with everything imaginable to make Valentines for my grandpa to cheer him up. Needless to say, Taite wanted to go with them to the hospital when we left and Brayton still has a runny nose, so he coulnd't go. Bray and I worked on completing his Valentines for his class (I decided to make them this year, but they were very simple and I used lots of sticky labels!) and we finished them! We practiced spelling words as Bray hadn't been in school yet this week with a sick day on Monday and no school today, but he knew all the words except one and even that one he only forgot one letter! Then I got caught back up with my work work which allowed me to get started on a '1' shirt for Monica's friend's daughter :~) I had a couple hiccups, but it turned out beautifully, if I do say so myself. Steph has ordered one for her nephew (on Brian's side ~ not a nephew I'm not claiming LOL) and I can't wait to see how that turns out! I already have a blockier '1' and will use a different font for the boys' shirts.
Oh how I love this little girls name!!!

With Josey's shirt being the first one, we learned some things. . .
~ The sleeves were too long, but with the bows on the sleeves, it was hard to roll them up and hide them!
~ Josey kept biting and pulling on the bows.
Solution: gather the sleeves so they aren't too long and maybe the bows won't hang over the hands and be inviting. I think it turned out OH SO CUTE!!!
Lisa, I gave my friend the shirt on Saturday and she cried! Words could not express how much she loved it. I am going over on Wednesday to photograph her little girl for her 1 year old pictures. I will for sure send you some of the best ones and help you put together something for selling them.
ReplyDeleteOoohh ~ that is like the best compliment!!! :~) I look forward to seeing your pictures!
ReplyDelete