It's a rare night. . .
I have everything all caught up (except for the packing) as far as Valentines, sewing projects and work!
Tomorrow night is the packing night for our big trip to SD (South Dakota, NOT San Diego ~ I wish!). Brayton came home tonight with a 4 page spelling packet he has to complete this week (well since he didn't have school Monday and no school yesterday, that leaves today and tomorrow), but he did the whole thing tonight because he can't wait to go to SD!!!
This morning I gave my Grandma a haircut (my mom's mom) because she was in need of one (her words, not mine) and she didn't know how she'd fit one in since she's only going to be home for an extended weekend starting tomorrow. I think it turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself. I came home and trimmed Chris' hair and now the boys could just use a touch-up, but they HATE haircuts and I just don't feel like working that battle. I learned a little more about Taite's activities from yesterday when they were at the hospital. He was very attentive to everyone and at one point was looking up facts to recite to my grandma about random things :~) They have a computer in the waiting area and my grandpa was in the whirlpool, so that's how he passed the time. Of course a discussion about supper came up (they didn't go to the hospital until 1 or so and stayed kind of late) so Taite asked my grandma if she had any suggestions ~ he gave her a few ideas in case she was short of them: noodles and spaghetti! Yep, that's Taite!!
Sometimes I am still amazed at my kids (and pleasantly so, I might add!).
~ Brayton didn't whine or complain when we told him Taite was going to the hospital and he couldn't. He asked a few times when Taite was going to be home, but no complaining.
~ Grandma said that they were in the waiting area while grandpa was in the whirlpool and as soon as they wheeled him by, Taite went over to the wheelchair for my grandma and asked her if she was ready to go see him. . . (he's so sweet)
~ Brayton finished all his valentines yesterday afternoon while waiting for Taite to come home (he personalized them all for each individual student in his class ~ I can't remember if I shared this already)
~ Taite seems to be "catching" more of Brayton's sense of humor: my mom asked Taite if he had to be home by a curfew and after he himmed & hawwed, he told her his curfew was 12:30 AM!
~ Taite had an incomplete assignment on his report card, but still had an M- (E = A, M = B, etc., so it was basically a B-). He was so panicked he was trying to figure out how to fix this and his teacher was surprised he even had the incomplete.
~ Brayton brought home a real report on bats! It was impressive. They did the research in the library and technology (basically computer) and had to write it in paragraph form, etc.
I'm quite proud of my boys!
The only thing I don't have complete on my To-Do List is to create business cards. I can make some up on my own and I can envision what kind of scrapbook type of card I want to create, but I don't know how! I have a guide DVD that takes me to a website to create my own, but it keeps locking up my computer or when it's working well, I have work interruptions. Chris said to remind him tomorrow and he'll help, but I'm not sure he'd know what he was doing either :~)
Well, I'm tired after last nights late night so I'm signing off, but not before I tell you this: if you want to receive an email whenever this blog is updated just send me and email and I can set it up on my blog site. This will help so you don't have to keep checking it LOL
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment