Saturday, May 16, 2009

Just an update!

I thought I would do a quick update to our blog while I am at the office this afternoon. On Wednesday afternoon Grandpa Ken arrived and is staying for a few days helping Chris "fix-up" the office (the mobile home at Great Grandma Bolles'). It's kind of one of those situations "where do you stop", but they are doing some particularly important jobs and I should've taken before and after shots. Dang it ~ I always forget to do that! So far they've taken out the water softener "housing" that was in the little "bedroom" so they could see where the mice were getting in. It's not that we could see the mice or their "signature", but we could definitely smell when they didn't make it out ~ YUCK!! They figured it out, but it had nothing to do with that little room, but oh well, that should be an easy fix. Also, they started to tear out the bathtub in the bathroom. That's where they found the hole rotted in the floor that the mice were getting in. The guy who we bought this trailer from 11 years ago had ran the toilet or tub or both over and it had warped the floor. He fixed (well, kind of) what you could see, but you actually have to dismantle the tub to get to the hole in the floor. We are thinking about just replacing it with a shower stall, but again, we end at "how much money do we want to spend on this. . ." So, right now, the boys (Grandpa Ken, Chris & Taite ~ Bray is playing for the most part) are re-doing the skirting around the bottom of the trailer with new tin. The 2x4 "wall" the previous guy had used is pretty rotted out, so Chris decided to just cover it up with new tin and it looks pretty nice ~ I'll have to post a pic later because we moved our computers back to the office and we don't have Internet hooked up at home yet (well, the router isn't installed and I haven't pushed Chris on it because he's been busy with other things).

Ken brought over some lockers from the school that Carmen works at because Chris had said he wanted some for the garage. He cleaned up the garage to put the lockers in their place, but hasn't had time to put the "stuff" back into the lockers. Maybe tomorrow. I found a perfect large area rug today for $3 for in front of the lockers, fridge and door from the mudroom for in the garage today so I can just vacuum it off when it gets messy because I hate shaking those dirty, dirty garage rugs!! I'm so excited! Before, we had like 5 small throw rugs and that looked terrible :~)

On Thursday Taite took Grandpa Curt to the MN Zoo for his Student Council field trip. He chose Grandpa Curt because he never gets to go to the zoo when we go. I haven't been on a field trip like that, so what they did was just tell everyone when to meet back at a certain place, so Grandpa and Taite took off, just the two of them. After they had left for the zoo, it occurred to me that we didn't send Taite with a coat and all he was wearing was at t-shirt ~ it was cold and windy. . . OOPS! Taite was very excited that they got to ride the monorail (I wasn't sure how that occurred because I only had to pay $6.50 for the zoo ticket. . .) Here is something only a grandpa would get away with: a bunch of kids were all lined up for the monorail so Grandpa and Taite joined the line and no one commented that all the other kids had Stewartville shirts on and Taite was the only one with a Byron shirt on!!! That's not the worse part ~ as they were sitting there, a girl I went to high school with recognized my dad and said 'hi' so they were NOTICED and were along for a free ride ~ literally!!! How embarrassing, but dad didn't care, so he didn't say anything to Taite. Sheesh! LOL To finish the day, Grandpa took Brayton and Taite for ice cream after leaving school :-)

Well, I suppose, I need to go figure something out for supper for my working crew!

1 comment:

  1. Laughing about Dad taking Taite on the monorail without paying! It was nice to see Ken at the soccer game the other night. Too bad the boys weren't out of school yet so they could spend more time with him during his stay here.

    ReplyDelete