Tuesday, May 19, 2009



So far so good ~ I've stayed on top of field trips and cold lunches for so far as this school year winds down. :-) Today Taite's class went to the Mystery Cave in SE MN (I'm not sure where it's at ~ obviously I didn't go). Taite enjoyed it and a he and a couple friends saw a snake (he could tell you the kind) in the wild and "it moved!"
Tonight was the second to last night of soccer and Brayton wanted to go. . . I told him they wouldn't have a clue who he was (he only went to soccer on the 2nd or 3rd night and that was it!) and he reluctantly stayed home. He was in a good mood when Taite and I got home, so all must've went well! Taite's team played the only other team that had won all their games too, so it was quite a match-up! I think they told both teams this was for 1st place and they played their hearts out! I think Taites' team's goalie had to work a lot harder, but neither team scored. There were more kids tripped up and laying on the ground tonight than I have ever seen before! One kid on Taite's team even got kicked in the head! Now if the weather holds out, on Thursday night the parents play against the kids, which is always fun! The forecast calls for a chance of rain, but hopefully it won't happen at 5:45 pm.

Apparently I've left a few of you in the dark about how I injured myself. Don't worry, I won't post another picture of my arm (I'm still kind of grossed out about it and maybe if it wouldn't have been a Friday afternoon when it happened, I might have gone to get stitches, but it's too late now. . .) So, here is the rotary blade like the one I was using.


It's very sharp and to make sure you get a straight line, this straight edge has a lip on the bottom to "catch" the edge of the mat to cut on. To make sure it doesn't move while making a long cut, a person needs to apply pressure and in my case, I was leaning on it with my left arm. It's on my forearm where I cut when I was doing this leaning that you see in the picture I've previously posted. Hope this helps, otherwise, I suppose I could do a short How NOT To video (with the safety on, of course!)
Brayton seems to be doing wonderfully with his antibiotic and meds that we are giving him! It seems that the Orchard Grass must come up with these southern winds because we can tell when his allergy pill wears off ~ he scratches his head like he has fleas. It's a good (visual) reminder that he needs his allergy pill in the morning and night!
Oh! I almost forgot ~ Monica had asked for a good rhubarb recipe and I was going to send it to her and then thought, I'll post it! Here's a cake recipe that Ken gave us (we had it at his house and requested the recipe!), but we won't be able to use it anytime soon because Taite informed us tonight that we've been eating too many desserts lately. When Grandpa Ken was here we had a cake and then Banana Cream Pie and yesterday we made Bray his "Pig Cake" (I swear that is the name of the recipe!) Hopefully you will be able to enjoy this one though!
Rhubarb Upside Down Cake
5 cups Rhubarb
1 (3 oz.) pkg strawberry jello
1 cup sugar
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 box white cake mix
Spray a 9 x 13 cake pan. Arrange the rhubarb in the pan. Sprinkle the gelatin and sugar over the rhubarb. Top with marshmallows. Prepare the cake mix as directed, pour over mixture in the pan and spread evenly. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until done. Turn cake over onto serving platter and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment