Sunday, May 3, 2009

Ahhh, a very productive weekend!

Yesterday morning I did go garage saling with Brayton. We didn't have very good luck, but he was very happy with his "findings". Maybe next weekend will be better. There are city-wide in Byron. When we got home, we had lunch and then Chris and I got to work on the camper. We only had one mouse in it this winter and that came into the shed with the infamous tractor cab. Thankfully we found how he got in, sealed it and cleaned up under the sink which is the only place it had been. Chris tried everything to make sure it worked, while I cleaned. We didn't clean it too well before putting it away last year. Then after all that (it actually took longer than it sounds on here!) we showered and had the first beer of the season in the camper. The neighbors even came over to have one too :~) The boys were dying to sleep in the camper, so we all slept in the camper in the shed. All it did was remind Chris and I that our bed isn't the best so we are now looking for a memory foam mattress topper.


The boys were mortified when Chris told them around 9:30 that their playing for the day was over. Taite told me expecting me to say it wasn't so, but I didn't disagree, so we began working on the rock project around the shed. As I sit here typing, I am somewhat sore. We hauled 2 loads of rock and while Chris picked up rocks from the rock pile of my dad's, the boys and I picked rock in the fields. I have no idea what brand of shirt I was wearing (I had one of Chris' button-up work shirt on) but I now have a new respect for the manufacturer. After bending over and picking up a few rocks and walking to the pile to dump them, we started using our shirts to hold many more rocks. A few times I had a hard time standing up I had so many rocks in my shirt, but the buttons NEVER popped off!! The boys worked hard and were troopers so I'm sure they will sleep well tonight. I am just waiting for my ibuprofen to kick in.


(As I am typing this, Chris is watching Ultimate Fighting and it is the most disgusting fight I have ever seen! I won't even tell you, it's so gross and I really hope my pictures would hurry up and download, so I can concentrate on this instead of the fight. . .)


Okay, so here are the pictures I promised you! This is what Chris and I did on that 90 degree day we had a couple weeks ago.


Here is what we did today ~ we came around the corner from where we stopped with the rocks on the west side of the shed. It doesn't look like much, but let me tell you, my body does not feel like it wasn't much! Chris is re-planting the bush that was outside our kitchen window (and he hated it there and I hated having to trim it a few times a summer because it grew so fast/much!).
This is the west side of the shed that we filled in with some more rock that we picked up today. Tomorrow the road restrictions go off so we can have a load or two of the little white rock to spread around the driveway and such.
A view of the house without the bush in front of it. . .now, what to do with that space??? I think I'll wait until after we redo the front step (the cedar is wearing out and we want to replace it with the fake stuff so we don't have to stain it and it will look nicer because the sun barely shines on it)
And here is the tractor cab. I just took this tonight after we had gotten the bikes out of the way yesterday so we could position the camper and put the slide outs out. You can see how the stuff is all cleaned off (the black rubbery stuff that goes around the windows and the windows are out) and then the next picture is of the doors and other parts that were removed. The other day at Fleet Farm, Chris bought paint and Brayton was all excited because he thought that was the next step! That's what always sucks about painting, all the prep work!! Well, I gotta run cause Steph just called and Josey is arriving at 6 am! I have a hard time waking up at 6:30 to get the boys on the bus. . . Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment