This afternoon when I took Brayton to the Dr., I chose the time of 1:30 in case it took a little longer than 1/2 hour and then I could pick Taite up from school. I think just because I was planning ahead, things didn't go that way. . . Brayton didn't have a fever all day, he did stay in bed, however, until we had to leave. He was mad at me because we were short on time when we left and I didn't give him time to plug in his GameBoy so it could charge the whole 10 minutes while we were on the road. I told him since he had all this stuff together to take to the Dr. office long before we had to leave, he should've plugged it in at home. He didn't care ~ he was MAD! He wouldn't talk to the nurse so I was trying to explain that he was just mad at me and it had to do with his GameBoy (she thought he was crabby because he was sick). The Dr. said that everything looked good, but his lungs sounded wheezy. And since he'd had fevers, she prescribed amoxicillin and then we are to use his albuterol inhaler too for 5 days. She said if it doesn't get better (so his lungs don't hurt when he breathes) we are to give her a call and she'll prescribe a liquid steroid (yuck ~ hate to have to give that to him!). To speed things up, I had the prescription sent over to the pharmacy in Byron at the grocery store ~ it's actually in the same parking lot as the clinic. Since she didn't know how big the pills were that Bray would have to swallow, she wrote the Rx for tablets or chewables. Needless to say, the prescription came in capsules (yep, too big for Bray to swallow) or chewables that were in the pharmacy in Kasson. The pharmacist in Byron tried to help by offering up liquid form or we could open the capsules and put it in applesauce, but I didn't think the nurse at school would appreciate having to do that for 8 days! So, I went to the school and waited in line to pick Taite up, went into the school to get the medication form to fill out and then went to Kasson to get the Rx. I delivered the sheet and meds back to the school and we were home about 2 minutes before the bus came by our house ~ guess once again I didn't really save Taite any time by picking him up! I did provide a snack however that they wouldn't normally get on the bus, so all wasn't lost!
Today I braved it ~ what, you ask? I took my band aid off for my shower (and worried the whole time that I would rub that flap of skin over). It made me queasy just thinking about it and Chris was at a meeting, so if I had problems (rubbed it and passed out) I only had one sick little boy at home to help. Bray just happened to be in our bed playing computer, so I warned him if he heard any loud bangs or anything to come and check on me :~)
Tonight was another cold and windy night at soccer. I didn't have all my soccer "gear" because I had cleaned out the van last weekend. I only had my down blanket, but that doesn't help much against the wind. At least I can sit with my back to the wind and scrunch into my chair. I tried to curl up with my legs in the chair too, but that wasn't very comfy. Maybe one of these weeks it will warm up ~ just in time for soccer to be over! I was watching Taite practice and I noticed that without his friend from school there (he had a birthday party to go to tonight), he didn't really get any attention from the other kids. What I mean is that the other kids all go to Kasson and when they would play various "games" to build their soccer skills, no one would challenge Taite and I think it's because he isn't from Kasson. They all know his name and he's always talking to someone (he's not afraid to do that), but it kind of made me sad to see how they treated him differently. The good thing is that he didn't seem to notice at all, so I was relieved about that.
Oh, I forgot to tell you a couple of funny stories. . . (these were skipped over from my condensed version of last week)
Story #1
When we were garage saling on Friday, I ran into a friend of mine (her daughter LOVES Taite and has been in his class 3 out of the 4 years in school ~ they were also together some PS years too). She asked me if Taite told us about G (guilty party names have been changed in this story to protect them). G had brought a Playboy magazine to school! G passed it to friend A and A got caught by the teacher with it. We asked Taite about this and he said that he only caught a glimpse as he was running by (it took us awhile to get it all straight ~ G had cut pictures out of Playboy and took them to phy ed and then gave them to A, who got into trouble). Chris and I had a good laugh ~ it could be much worse than Playboy in school and being curious is only natural :~)
Story #2
For mother's day Chris bought me a coffee maker with a carafe. After reading reviews, we went (yes, I was along) with a Cuisinart and we LOVE it!!! Obviously we don't need the grinder built in, so we got the "cheaper" one. Chris had read online how the carafe really does keep the coffee hotter than normal ones. To test this out, we ran water through the cycle on the coffee maker (it said to do that once to clean it) and Chris pours the water from the carafe onto his finger!!! He yelped in pain and won't do that again!! The next morning, he tested the warmth of the water and found it to be 130 degrees (he obviously used a thermometer LOL) which is really good for 12 hour old coffee. We don't normally get one pot drank in a day, so sometimes 12 cups will last us 2-3 days and Chris said the coffee tastes better since the air can't get to it (I can't really tell because I have to mix cocoa in mine or I don't drink it).
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago

Your sister's blog is so cute. It looks like she is using it a lot more than she thought! I found a blot the other day that someone started when they had a baby and now he is Matthew's age. How great would that be! It would be so nice to have all that recorded. Printing them is super easy too. Did I tell you that if you want to get your blog printed you can go to blog2print.com She could easily use it as her baby book.
ReplyDelete